Community Forum

How Do I Move My Services

Contributor

How Do I Move My Services

How easy is it to move my services when I change my address?  Will a technician come out and set everything up for me?  I had to have a tech come out when I first got the services because I know nothing of how to set them up.  I have the triple play...cable, phone, and internet.

Official Employee

Re: How Do I Move My Services

Hello TDKttess. It should be a fairly easy process to move your services. In new residences where there has never been a Comcast customer, a technician is needed to ensure the cable signal is sufficient to support our service. Otherwise, in most cases, it is your preference to request a tech or to do self install. Of course self installing will limit the options for your setup if some cable outlets are not active in your new place. Also the telephone service will only function only from the Tel 1 port on the back of your modem. 

Here is an article to learn more about transferring your service: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/transferring-service-to-a-new-location

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thank you very much!

Official Employee

You're welcome!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!