Community Forum

House is too far from the plant? Is this really true?

New Poster

House is too far from the plant? Is this really true?

I am moving to a new house and want to transfer my comcast service.  I was first told the new address was unservicable because of a past non-payment.  I took my lease and ID to the comcast office and they said it was unservicable because the home has never had service before.  The home is less that a half mile off a major highway with houses on the street.  The did a site visit and said it is too far from the plant to get service, is this even true?  How can i escalate this?  What is the number?  I signed the lease with the knowledge i had been provided by comcast that the location had service but there was an outstanding balance.  Now i am in a bad position because i walk from home.  Please help!

Expert

Re: House is too far from the plant? Is this really true?

Oh boy, that's a tough spot. If they already did the site survey there isn't much anyone can do for you. It means a tech physically went to your address and verified that you are unserviceable. They could maybe extend the cable plant to reach your house, but that would likely cost $10K -$20k to do that if it's even possible. You should probably look for an alternative provider. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Admin1

Re: House is too far from the plant? Is this really true?

Hi bweathers -- I can help get you more information about providing service to your address. The information nerdburg has provided is correct though. Addresses can be too far from service plants and an extension would be required, which could have a cost to you. Please send me a PM with your name, address, and best contact information. I'll work with construction to see what it would take to establish service at your address.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.