Community Forum

Horrible

New Poster

Horrible

I've been with Comcast for 10 months now. I've had issues since the install. Called Comcast and was told 2x on 2 separate occasions I was going to receive a call from a manager. Both times I had to call back. The last time which is today I was told there is nothing Comcast can do about giving me a credit from the time I signed on with them until now.
It all started when my wife had the most amazing idea of switching to Comcast from Verizon because of rates. We were Verizon customers for 15yrs. I was definitely hesitant because of the horror stories I hear about Comcast, did it anyway. The installer came unprepared and did not have enough wire for the job after he started to run the line. The installer calls another installer for cable wire. The other installer came with more than enough wire. Instead of rewiring the new LONGER wire, the installer decides to put a splitter in the middle of the line. Yes the line coming from the pole to the house.
Called Comcast a few days later about hot boxes and TV channels not showing. They did there whole send a signal thing and to no avail. A 2nd installer was sent out later and he discovered that the 1st installer never put a new splitter box in the basement which also slowed our service down. Box put in wifi still going in and out. Called again after noticing the splitter in the middle of the main line. 3rd installer sent out and saw the splitter in the line and ran a totally different wire from a pole to the other side of the house. Wifi ok but now we have 2 wires from Comcast coming to the house. Needless to say I was told the $150 credit I received from them without my knowledge was all they could do. Not only can they not do anything I asked to be able to cancel whenever I please without receiving a penalty and was given all type of loopholes to go through to get out of my contract. NEVER WILL I EVER GIVE MY BUSINESS TO COMCAST AGAIN. FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.
Expert

Re: Horrible

@Baxmill33 wrote:
I've been with Comcast for 10 months now. I've had issues since the install. Called Comcast and was told 2x on 2 separate occasions I was going to receive a call from a manager. Both times I had to call back. The last time which is today I was told there is nothing Comcast can do about giving me a credit from the time I signed on with them until now.
It all started when my wife had the most amazing idea of switching to Comcast from Verizon because of rates. We were Verizon customers for 15yrs. I was definitely hesitant because of the horror stories I hear about Comcast, did it anyway. The installer came unprepared and did not have enough wire for the job after he started to run the line. The installer calls another installer for cable wire. The other installer came with more than enough wire. Instead of rewiring the new LONGER wire, the installer decides to put a splitter in the middle of the line. Yes the line coming from the pole to the house.
Called Comcast a few days later about hot boxes and TV channels not showing. They did there whole send a signal thing and to no avail. A 2nd installer was sent out later and he discovered that the 1st installer never put a new splitter box in the basement which also slowed our service down. Box put in wifi still going in and out. Called again after noticing the splitter in the middle of the main line. 3rd installer sent out and saw the splitter in the line and ran a totally different wire from a pole to the other side of the house. Wifi ok but now we have 2 wires from Comcast coming to the house. Needless to say I was told the $150 credit I received from them without my knowledge was all they could do. Not only can they not do anything I asked to be able to cancel whenever I please without receiving a penalty and was given all type of loopholes to go through to get out of my contract. NEVER WILL I EVER GIVE MY BUSINESS TO COMCAST AGAIN. FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.

hi, I moved your post so it will be seen on the X1 area of the forum. An Official Comcast employee will usually respond within 72 hours on this board.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: Horrible

So it is frustrating that you didn't receive these call backs, and the trouble with the install from a few imcompetent technicians. This is not the norm though, the horror stories are expected given the size of Comcast in general. That is a small sample of over 10's of millions of people. My question is, if you got a credit of 150.00, why are you upset? This is quite a considerable sized credit, even if you have a higher tier package overall. What exactly are you wanting credited for, in case I misread that?