Community Forum

Horrible new service setup experience

Frequent Visitor

Horrible new service setup experience

I recently signed up for XFinity Home + Gig-speed Internet and 4k DVR service, went all-out.  I had originally tried to get it installed on Saturday, the day after I received the keys to my new home, but somehow got scheduled for this (Tuesday) morning, right about when my morning meetings are scheduled (I work as a software developer, from home - right now I'm forced to rely on my personal hotspot via my phone). My 8AM appointment rolls around, and when the tech shows up, I get told that the he can't do anything, because my tap is broken (and too old to service Gigabit internet anyways), they're putting my install on hold, and that they'd have someone out today to take care of it. 5hrs later, two more guys show up, not to fix the tap, but to install my security system, which they can't do, because there's no cable running to my house, because the tap is still broken, and no one was actually called to fix it. They did leave me a nice paperweight, which I was assured was my new modem (I can't be sure though, because there's still no service to my house). I get on customer service chat, and they assure me they'll have someone here by 5PM to take care of it. When I hadn't received an appointment confirmation by 10 minutes to 5, I got back on customer service chat, to find out what's going on. I've been on this chat since then (about half an hour), my tech is still a no-show, nobody can tell me where he is, and no one will give me an ETA on when to expect one.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Horrible new service setup experience

Have now been sitting on a silent chatline with someone who assured me she's very sorry for all my inconvenience, for about 20 minutes, for a total of 40 worthless minutes spent on customer service chat.

Frequent Visitor

Now have been told that since it's after 5PM, no one is probably going to show up until tomorrow (still have not been given a time to expect anyone)

Frequent Visitor

Just got told 'You will receive a call back from our higher level technicians within 24-72 hours.' 3 goddamned days before I even get a callback? So much for '2-hr appointment windows'.

Frequent Visitor

Finally got a trouble ticket number, which is meaningless. Was told by another customer service rep that I have to wait 24-48hrs just for a callback to set up an appointment to get my tap fixed. No one's willing to expedite anything. Comcast Customer Service is more of a joke than 911 in Compton.

Frequent Visitor

I did get a recommendation that, since my livelyhood depends on my internet connection, I should think about upgrading to Comcast business, which gets priority service. That's some real balls right there - "We're willing to charge you $500 or more to install those services your job depends on whenever we feel like it, or you can pay us more money if you want it done sooner."

New Poster

Using Comcast online chat is wasting of time. It's a joke. I tried to use it several times but gave up on it.

In very first sentence you will be told that they would like to help you so much and will fix everything right away. After that, you will have to wait for 20-30 minutes for every response even it does not need any investigations (like "Are you still there?"). They either forget how to use keyboard or they just mocking you. It may take hours for chatting with zero result.

All tickets opened in the chat for me were not real. When I called the customer support number and provided such a ticket, I was told that it can't be found and I have to open new one.

Do not waste your time with Comcast chat and call the support number. You have more chances to get some results there.

Frequent Visitor

That's where I eventually got a number. The first person I chatted with straight up lied to me about having a tech out to my house by 5.

Expert

@eprislac

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Frequent Visitor

thanks @Nerdburg!

Frequent Visitor

Someone showed up around 11:30 today to fix my tap box; hopefully they'll be able to get some technicians back out here to set up the rest of my system as well.

Frequent Visitor

Ok, my tap is fixed, so I called in to Comcast customer service, and their rep told me I'd have to wait another week and a half before they could have someone out to install my system. I told him this was unacceptable, and he put me in contact with Edgar, his supervisor. Edgar listened graciously to me while I explained my situation, and he was the first person I've talked to who gave even the slightest bit of consideration to the fact I work from home, that I was promised by the first tech that came out that this would be resolved and my service would be installed yesterday, and that being kept on hold was keeping me from doing my job, as currently, since I'm forced to rely on my phone's wifi-hotspot, I can't talk and be online at the same time. I was promised a callback while he tried to sort out my issue, so I could continue with my work. That was an hour ago. I hope to hear back from him, but I'm not too optimistic at this point.

Frequent Visitor

Just got off a call with Customer service again. Was told my ticket was being expedited, and I'd be receiving a call directly from their dispatcher no later than 10AM tomorrow.

Official Employee

Hi @eprislac,

I'd alose like to apologize for the experience you're having. Have you been able to get this resolved yet? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, after another call to customer service. I finally got through to two people who actually cared that I was being given the run-around, and expedited my ticket for real.