Community Forum

Horrible customer service, lies and theft

New Poster

Horrible customer service, lies and theft

On Tuesday I noticed a promo code BACK2SCHOOL for $3 off a week pass.  I don't think XFINITY on demand has good prices and almost every free pass has not worked but I thought I would give the promo code a use.  It didn't work so I called customer service.  I was told that I could buy the pass and call back for a discount.   I did, I was told it would be processed in 1-2 days.  It was not.  I had a feeling I was not getting the refund, plain and simple.  It wouldn't have been right but better than this.  I called a couple more times with a strong feeling the refund was not happening, but then after one call, my WiFi was shut off.  I called again, rather upset, as I had several days left.  The person told me so many lies it was insane.  Nothing about it has been professional.    He gave me a number that I could give to my bank and authorize the refund myself.  What?  That does not happen.  He also lied and said I originally asked for a full refund, total, unbelievable lie.  He would not turn on Wi-Fi either.  So I lost several days of service and $10 or more for no reason, plus they lied.  I can't call them back and deal with the behavior.  I feel they lied the first time he said I could get a refund.  For the $3 promo code.  By the last guy I was told it wasn't available to all customers.  It was emailed to me and plainly visible on the site when I tried to use it.  Then he got crazier and asked if I read the terms of buying a pass from Comcast.  Yes, I believe I did, because I read that stuff now.  I do not agree with their refund policy for if the internet doesn't work, it is really bad, but I didn't request a refund because it didn't work.  They could have told me the first call that the promo code doesn't work for everyone, which I'm sure was a lie, or that I'm not getting the refund.  The guy sounded like he is nuts, perhaps taking his aggression out on me, but I was stolen from, and no matter what any of our issues are, it is not ok, not from a huge business, plus he simply lied, and I don't expect a refund, I don't know if he meant doing business with Comcast means they can steal from me, but I have a weird feeling they know how to refund money to themselves.  That might be false, but he lied so much and was so bad, I don't expect a refund, and I really don't want to deal with the overseas customer service.  Sometimes they act perfectly, other times they are not good, like this time, demonic.