Community Forum

Horrible communication - construction needed

New Poster

Horrible communication - construction needed

I have been a customer for 5-6 years and have continuously had HORRIBLE experiences with Comcast customer service and starting services. I called 3-4 weeks ago about a new residence to which I was moving and wanted to make sure service was able to be started prior to moving in, since home internet is vital for employment. Since the home is further off the road, and service has never been activated I was told a tech would come within the week to verify if service could be started. Nobody calls or comes. So I call again and this time they tell me that the address is definitively serviceable and a tech would be visiting in 1.5 weeks to install service. Now a tech comes today and verifies that construction and a pole is needed, and it may be 2 or more weeks until somebody even comes back out and up to 1-2 months until service is even installed! Communication is horrible between departments. Everybody that you speak with transfers you somewhere else and says “I’m sorry but at least you have a date”. Unreal. Make sure you call Comcast AT LEAST 6 months in advance of wanting anything done and then plan on delays happening after that.