Community Forum

Hiring or buying a modem?

New Poster

Hiring or buying a modem?

Hi. I got Alexandru. I received my first bill for the internet and I saw that I pay $ 13 per month for the router. I have two questions: 1. How many months do I have to pay & 13? 2. How much does it cost to buy the router? This WiFi Capable Dual-Band WiFi802.11ac

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Hiring or buying a modem?

1. As long as you want to
2. Those are not for sale

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

@Alex45 wrote:

Hi. I got Alexandru. I received my first bill for the internet and I saw that I pay $ 13 per month for the router. I have two questions: 1. How many months do I have to pay & 13? 2. How much does it cost to buy the router? This WiFi Capable Dual-Band WiFi802.11ac

1. As long as you use Comcast's equipment you will have to pay a rental fee.
  2. You cannot buy the router directly from Comcast.  You will need to purchase one yourself through any retailer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you very much

@Again wrote:

@Alex45 wrote:

1. As long as you use Comcast's equipment you will have to pay a rental fee.
  2. You cannot buy the router directly from Comcast.  You will need to purchase one yourself through any retailer.