Community Forum

High Prices

Highlighted
New Poster

High Prices

Most people I know have cut the cord because of inflated prices. It is trending in a direction where everyone will soon follow. I lost and cut channels only to have my bill increase with my new contract. I don't understand how networks are able to charge advertisers as well as the cable companies who broadcast their product to the masses. If anything cable companies should be charging networks to carry their channels. Without viewers you have no advertisers. Comcast needs to use their massive audience to their advantage and drive down prices. It shouldn't be our problem that networks are paying billions to broadcast sporting events that the majority of people no longer care about.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: High Prices

The main issue is that cable companies and networks are working together to drive up prices. There is no logical reason a cable company would pay to broadcast a network that generates revenue through advertising. Any such network would be thrilled to be picked up by Xfinity because it would drive up demand and increase advertising revenue.