Community Forum

Hidden fees on termination

Highlighted
New Poster

Hidden fees on termination

I thought that I was safe, seeing as how you have the customer satisfaction guarantee "We are committed to respecting our customers’ time, simplifying their experience, and making things right if we fall short."; however, not the case apparently.  I not only had to sit within the online chat for over an hour, which doesn't seem to respect my time or simplify the experience... it turns out that the bundle I e-signed wasn't terminating September of this year... but next year... and now I have to pay an early termination fee.  Since I'm in an apartment, which are "almost" all only a 1-yr lease agreement, this should have absolutely been mentioned to me before e-signing.  I was in the process on moving across country and aparrently missed this clause on e-signing... assuming that it would only be for a year anyway.  After waiting and complaining with the agent in the online chat, guess what... I still have to pay the early termination fee.  Which then also seems to clearly "fall short" of my expectations.  Which seems to violate all of your stated customer satisfaction guarantee.  I'll wait a bit for a reasonable response, but then make sure to share this experience with others.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Hidden fees on termination

@gabeggreen wrote:

I thought that I was safe, seeing as how you have the customer satisfaction guarantee "We are committed to respecting our customers’ time, simplifying their experience, and making things right if we fall short."; however, not the case apparently.  I not only had to sit within the online chat for over an hour, which doesn't seem to respect my time or simplify the experience... it turns out that the bundle I e-signed wasn't terminating September of this year... but next year... and now I have to pay an early termination fee.  Since I'm in an apartment, which are "almost" all only a 1-yr lease agreement, this should have absolutely been mentioned to me before e-signing.  I was in the process on moving across country and aparrently missed this clause on e-signing... assuming that it would only be for a year anyway.  After waiting and complaining with the agent in the online chat, guess what... I still have to pay the early termination fee.  Which then also seems to clearly "fall short" of my expectations.  Which seems to violate all of your stated customer satisfaction guarantee.  I'll wait a bit for a reasonable response, but then make sure to share this experience with others.

Since you signed the contract you're still responsible for the ETF.  Did you read the contract before you signed it?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!