Community Forum

Help with downgrading within 30 day guarantee

New Poster

Help with downgrading within 30 day guarantee

Hello,

I'm a new customer and 30 days money back guarantee is not over yet. During the first day we spent more than 3 hours on the phone with tech support, trying to make DVR work. It was unsuccessful. We were told that a tech visit is inevitable but it will be free of charge because it is a technical problem on their part. A day later, a technician came and the first thing he said was "please sign here, that you agree to pay for the installation." I refused, and the next day I went to their store and just exchanged a non-working DVR for a new one and everything was fine. A week or so later I got my first bill with $ 25.00 + in fees (excluding taxes). It is extra $600.00 ($25x24 month) that I was not told about. In addition, I watch TV for no more than 2 hours a day. So I would like to know if it's possible to switch to the Internet only with a promo price plan, or I have to look for another provider. Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: Help with downgrading within 30 day guarantee

Thank you, I can look further at your account and see if there are any promotions available. Can you verify your account information for me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!