Community Forum

Help with billing - Hacked phone calls on account

Frequent Visitor

Help with billing - Hacked phone calls on account

I am growing increasingly frustrated and I'm a very patient person.  Have contacted Cust Svc numerous times and seem to be getting nowhere.  On Feb. 23 approx. 5pm an email from Comcast was sent to me that my password was changed (not by me).  I read that email around 8:30ish that evening and I immediately requested a reset and changed it because I absolutely did not change it earlier.  My March bill came and I was shocked that it was $75 higher than usual.  Took a close look and there were 11 calls to Cuba; $75 worth of calls.  I know no one in Cuba, nor does my husband.  Checked the time of the calls and we were not home at the time the calls were made.  There's only 2 of us in the house.  We didn't make the calls.  My account was obviously hacked and somehow, someway, someone billed those calls to our phone #.  I'm no tech guru, but from the few people I've spoken to apparently people can hack into your wifi or other means of your account and use your # to make a call.  The last contact I had with Cust Svc at Comcast told me I would not be charged a late fee and I should not pay the charges as he was disputing and requesting the charges be removed from my account.  To date, they have not.  The original claim was denied as the investigators said they feel we made the calls.  There is no possible way - you have to see how this looks on our call history on the bill - it's silly.  Now I just received my latest bill with the charges still on there, plus a late fee, plus a note that if I don't pay something immediately all of my services will be terminated.  This is nonsense.  We have been long-standing Comcast customers for as long as I can remember - dating back to when we were kids and our parents had this cable company in our homes.  Will a Comcast / Xfinity rep please contact me and help me get this resolved once and for all.  This is out of control.  :-(

@ComcastJoeTru @ComcastPhill @ComcastAmir (i saw you had a similar situation with another customer)

Official Employee

Re: Help with billing - Hacked phone calls on account

Hello @mommytoharley, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! We definitely do not want to cause you any frustration, and we absolutely appreciate you and your family's loyalty to Comcast. I can take a further look into these charges for these phone calls as well as, assist with your other billing concerns. In order to do so, please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different.

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Help with billing - Hacked phone calls on account

@mommytoharley, I never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me a private message if you would still like me to assist with these billing concerns. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!