Community Forum

Help with Chat

Frequent Visitor

Help with Chat

Why is chatting with an agent unavailable?  When I try, I get an error message.  I've been trying for a week now.  How can I get help if this isn't working.  I really don't want to try talking to someone in a foreign country.   Too often they don't understand the question.

Expert

Re: Help with Chat

@Sharleeg4228 wrote:

Why is chatting with an agent unavailable?  When I try, I get an error message.  I've been trying for a week now.  How can I get help if this isn't working.  I really don't want to try talking to someone in a foreign country.   Too often they don't understand the question.

So....what is the question?  We might just have an answer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

You're probably chatting with the same people as the ones ones on phone. I like to use chat because it helps with the langauge issue and is much quicker. However I have not been able to chat with anyone live anymore. You now chat with a atomated system. I am really unhappy with that. It was my favorite way to communicate wtih customer support. 

David

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I find even trying to post a question on the forum difficult.  An I never seem to get an answer that ever helps with the problem.

Frequent Visitor

I used to use Chat and it helped.  With the automatic system it says it will connect me with a live agent, but then I am told I am next in line.  I have waited up to 15 minutes without anyone chatting.  Or I get an error message.

Comcast's customer service is going downhill, and it was never as good as Insight's was.  

Comcast took my favorite PBS channel away first and now Smithsonian is only coming in as letterbox.  I'm not a happy customer.

Frequent Visitor

I can't find the way to Chat publicly.  It should be easy to do, but I an going in circle.

Official Employee

Sharleeg4228, sorry to hear about your issues with our chat system. We have a dedicated team here that works with customers too! I'd be happy to help (and it's all in writing). What's going on? 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

When I go to Chat, you have your automated Chat Assistant.  That first step can't answer any questions for me.  Then I can click to chat with a human.  At that point, I am told I am next in line.  After that nothing happens.  I never get a real person to chat with.  After a wait I may see an error message.  I have used chat in the past to get answers.

I went to the Xfinity store in a neighboring town with my questions.  After has 20 minute wait, I got to talk to a person.  I asked my questions.  He said, "We just sell services here.  I can't answer those questions.  You need to call the 800 number."  I never have any luck with calling.  I seem to get someone in the Phillipines ( or somewhere outside the US)  who doesn't understand the question.

My questions were:  Why can't I get Smithsonian in HD?  I hate letterbox format.   I am sure I used to get it in HD.  It isn't just me, but other people I checked with also see it in letterbox.  My other question nvolved in not getting to a real person in chat.