Community Forum

Help installing

Highlighted
New Poster

Help installing

How do I find the cable line in my house if they won’t even enter my house and help me install it? I don’t know what I’m doing! I think it’s in the crawl space!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Help installing

Since nobody know your house like you do. Start on the outside and see whereabouts your cable goes into your house. Could be crawl space, attic or literally anywhere

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I feel like I should’ve mentioned I’m buying a new home and Comcast won’t install the cable anymore... So what are we supposed to do? Pay a random person to do it? I’m so confused by this policy
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s a pandemic, you may have to find someone. It’s a tough time right now. The best thing you can do to help yourself right now is look around your house, you may not need the help that you think you do. If you find something, post back and we can try to help you here.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

There is no cable coming from the pole. A friend said it needs a full install. Guess I’ll just have to figure out what happens next when they drop off the install box at my door. As someone who is being forced to work from home, this is a pretty unfortunate time for xfinity to suddenly no longer have a way to contact them.