Community Forum

Help Please - Xfinity Connect Text Messaging is Down

Regular Contributor

Help Please - Xfinity Connect Text Messaging is Down

Hi .... I posted my help request at the Forum Link below but it might have been the wrong place to post it since it's gone unanswered.  Maybe it can be moved here please?  Basically my Xfinity Connect's Text Messaging function has been down since planned scheduled maintenance by Comcast of the email system on Saturday 19, 2019 (about 10 days now ) .   The following link to that other post explains the issue in greater detail ... Thank you :

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Phone-Features/Text-Messaging-From-my-Windows-PC-Stopped-Working/...

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Voice2goText Messaging Issue - UPDATE

UPDATE:

I phoned Xfinity Tech Support once again today 24 hrs later to check status after not hearing back following our long detailed conversation yesterday as promised.   This time I connected with a different Support Rep who could not find any record of my prior call so we started over.  We spent 30 minutes reviewing everything once again about my Voice2go Text Messaging not working on the Primary Account over the last 20 or so days.  This time the Rep routed me immediately thereafter to a Tier 2 Advanced Support Rep (instead of simply promising to call me back within an hour after doing some further research like happened yesterday ) .

Today I was also actually given a Ticket # and Mary at Advanced Support was great.  She instantly found two settings that were incorrect on Xfinity's end, and refreshed the Voice2go account (incorrect settings probably as a result from Xfinity's Oct 19th Scheduled Maintenance 20 days ago ) .  Suddenly my Voice2go Text Messaging on the Primary Account instantly started working again while we were still on the phone.   Since my Voice2go Text Messaging service was down for 20 days, she suggested we leave the Ticket open for 3 days in case it drops out again.

@Comcast_Support  Thus thru today, it has cost me 3 or 4 hours of my time in Phone Calls and Forum Posts plus about $20 (in having to re-route all Text Messaging thru my simple Non-Smart Cell Phone at $0.20 per Text during this Voice2go Texting failure of service delivery period ) .