Community Forum

Help! My HOA is switching from Xfinity/Comcast!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Help! My HOA is switching from Xfinity/Comcast!!!

My HOA (Bridgeview Associates, in Delray Beach, FL) is switching from Xfinity to an unheard of fly-by-night outfit named -- Atlantic Broadband in the near future.  Basically, it looks like the Board has been paid $90K in order to vote unanimously to get rid of Xfinity.  

I researched and found that Atlantic Broadband has much less services offered compared to Xfinity.  The initial rate increase will be about 20% with an increase of "only" 4% each year.  

Can someone from the Bulk department help me with a list of questions to ask the Atlantic Broadband representative when he comes to our clubhouse on 1/14/2020?  Thank You!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Help! My HOA is switching from Xfinity/Comcast!!!

My HOA is thinking of switching from Comcast to a company with very poor reviews. We are nearing the end. Of our ten year contract with Comcast. Our community gave Comcast a 70% approval rating in a recent survey.  We would like to speak with someone in the Comcast Communities Bulk group who services the Stuart, Martin County Area. Is there a phone number where we can reach the Comcast Liason for our area? 

Highlighted
New Poster

So strange, our community in Stuart is in the same situation. We did a survey last spring and 70% of the homeowners were highly satisfied or satisfied with Comcast, but now the board is about to sign a contract with a much smaller company. That company is also enticing our board with several hundred thousand dollars of "door fees." Basically a sign up bonus that gets paid to the HOA. It involves a new fiber cable installation and many months of installing new cable. I am searching for a contact person with Comcast Communities/ Bulk.  A name and phone number would really help.

Highlighted
Expert

Here is a link you can use to post in the correct forum for help on this problem.

https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi everyone. We are sorry to hear that your Communities' organizations are considering other options. We appreciate your interest and thank you for posting here in our forum. For questions regarding our partnership with your organization and any future plans for continuation, please refer to your Homeowner Association contacts directly. If you want to make a change to your own service outside of that, depending on the change and the type of account, your HOA should have an Xfinity Communities Account Executive that they can direct you to for support. If you have a very general billing or technical question, those can normally be answered via our regular customer service channels. Thanks again!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!