Community Forum

Hazard Sidewalk Comcast Box Broken

Regular Visitor

Hazard Sidewalk Comcast Box Broken

This old style sidewalk Comcast cable box cover has cracked and crumbled.  This is an extreme hazard as it is IN THE SIDEWALK. 

I called Comcast to report this on 3/24/2018, 3/26/2018 and again this morning 3/27/2018. 

I have a ticket # CR 770021167.  Which obviously does nothing. 

The first customer service rep marked my call as resolved. The second customer service rep informed me that “the engineers” would repair the problem within 2 hours. No one showed up. 

Today the customer service rep informed me that in 24 to 48 hours someone will be here to look at it. 

51E4F9E7-36C5-47A1-92BE-6DA58B6E283C.jpeg
Expert

Re: Hazard Sidewalk Comcast Box Broken

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much 

Official Employee

Hi mm81, 

Sorry for the delayed response. I wanted to follow up to see if someone came out to investigate this for you. If not, I can reach out to the local techs in your area to make sure we get it taken care of.

Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

The sidewalk has been repaired, including replacing the old box, cover/lid, and section of collapsing cement. The repair crew did an excellent job and took great care to not only upgrade and repair the damaged area but left the work area spotless. Safety cones were placed as the cement cured and were promptly removed.  The cable to my home was damaged and immediately replaced.  Thank you very much for a safe sidewalk for our neighborhood!!! 

Official Employee

That's great news! Thanks for following up and letting us know they were able to come out and get this taken care of. Our customer's safety is very important, so I'm happy they got it fixed right away. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us. 

Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!