Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Having trouble ordering Gigabit Pro

Frequent Visitor

Having trouble ordering Gigabit Pro

I saw an advertisement a couple weeks ago for Gigabit Pro in my area. I wasn't ready to sign up for it yet, so I just took a screenshot of the page. Now that I'm ready to sign up for it, it seems that the pages of Xfinity's site related to Gigabit Pro have all disappeared. I've searched around online and found many recent (and old) forum posts with links to pages related to Gigabit Pro, but the links all redirect to xfinity.com/gig, which is for just one gig service, and doesn't include any forms I can fill out - just the normal 1-800-xfinity number. 

I've tried calling customer service a few times to find out whether Gigabit Pro is still available and to see if I can order it, but it seems like no one on the phone knows what I'm talking about.

Is there a team at Xfinity that works specifically on Gigabit Pro who I can speak with?

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Having trouble ordering Gigabit Pro

ComcastAmir,

Update: After your last post I decided to just hire a personal assistant to call 1-800-XFINITY and figure out who to talk to to set up Gigabit Pro. By the end of the day, I had a fiber technician appointment scheduled.

I'm only writing this update because I think Comcast should be aware of what it took for me to place me order. There's something wrong if it takes two months, dozens of phone calls, a series of confusing forum posts with incorrect advice and literally *paying* someone to call for me, just to get in touch with someone who can order the service for me.

All Replies
Official Employee

Hi LizardKroop, here is some information that will help you get signed up for Gigabit service.

1. Go to microsite (xfinity.com/gig) and scroll down to “Shop XFINITY: View All Internet Offers”

2. Put your street address in the box.

3. Three Internet options will appear, but to see Gigabit offers they must select “View All Offers”

4. IF Gigabit is available in your area, an option for Gigabit will appear toward the bottom of Internet-only options. Please select “Learn More” to sign up using the form (that can be directly accessed here: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinity-one-gig-signup).

For existing customers

1. Please sign into your Xfinity account.

2. If it is available in your area. Please click “Learn More” to direct them to the signup form.

3. If it’s not available in your area. “Upgrade now” will take you to change your internet speeds.

We can offer you our new Gigabit service as well. If your interest in upgrading to this, here is the details:

Frequent Visitor

Neither of those instructions work for me. Here's what happened:

1. I went to the microsite (xfinity.com/gig)

2. I put my street address in the box.

3. No internet options appeared. Instead I saw that the address has an existing account, so I clicked "I'm moving here as a new customer". I'm taken to the homepage (https://www.xfinity.com/?Shop=1). No offers.

4. Even though I'm in the wrong place already, if I now click on "See Offers" on the homepage, I'm asked for my address again. This loop continues for ever.

This is one of the problems that led me to ask my original question on the forum.

Frequent Visitor

Also, the link you included to the sign up form (https://www.xfinity.com/xfinity-one-gig-signup) just sends me to the original microsite from part 1 (xfinity.com/gig). No form at all. It seems like anything I do, I get stuck in an infinite loop.

In any case, it sounded like I needed to talk to someone on the phone to get set up with Gigabit Pro, and that I can't sign up online. When I call, no one seems to know what Gigabit Pro is.

Official Employee

LizardKroop, please send me a private message with your full address by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me" so that I can see if gig services are available to you. 

Frequent Visitor

Just sent you a private message with my address. As I mentioned in my original post, I saw an advertisement for Gigabit Pro at my address, so I'm fairly sure that it is available there. The reason I posted is because after seeing that it is available at my location, I haven't been able to actually order it.

Official Employee

LizardKroop, for a view of area we do provide gig speeds to please click on this link.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Amir,

That link is the same link you sent me twice before, and it has no information about availability. It does not work. I know Gigabit Pro is available in my area, and I'm having trouble ordering it. Is there a person I can speak to at xfinity who works specifically on Gigabit or Gigabit Pro?

I'm also confused by your private message. I sent you my address, and you replied:

ComcastAmir wrote:

Thank you for that information, I show that Gigabit speeds have not yet reached your area. We do plan on extending this service to you in the near future, for a view of area we do provide gig speeds to please click on this link. 

I just spoke with an xfinity representative on the phone who told me that Gigabit service is available at my address right now and quoted me a price. Is he incorrect?

In any case, he couldn't find any information on Gigabit Pro service, and so my original question is still unanswered: How do I order Gigabit Pro?

Official Employee

LizardKroop, the link I provided is a direct link to the information that I provided above. Gigabit service has not yet rolled out in your area at this time, you must wait until the service is available then you can order it. 

Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastAmir,

I saw an advertisement for Gigabit Pro in my area, and I just spoke with a representative on the phone who told me that Gigabit is available at my location. So you're saying that they are incorrect, and that it's actually not available at my location?

The link you sent me does not include information about availablility, unless you're referring to that map that shows which cities are served by Gigabit Pro - in which case my city is included on that map as having Gigabit Pro service..

Official Employee

LizardKroop, do you currently have service at the street address you sent me via private message? If so, please send me your account number via private message and I can check for you that way. I went through the same steps that I provided you and I don’t show that Gigabit service is available to you yet. With your account number I can go through all available internet packages in your area, this is my way of double checking.

Frequent Visitor

I don't currently have service at that address, but I finally got the site to show my internet offers, and it is showing Gigabit Pro as being available. I'll send you a PM with a PDF of the page.

Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastAmir,

I just recieved this message from you in response to the document showing availability at my address

ComcastAmir wrote:

Thank you for that information, I can't see the portion where the Gigabit service is offered. But it seems like you found the information that you were looking for, please proceed to sign up for the service on the site that you provided. If you need further assistance I can help but I will need an account number to the address that will have the service to add it to your package. 

Please take another look at the document I sent you. I'm looking at it right now in my "Sent Messages" folder, and in the image there are 5 offers. The last offer says "2000 Mbps Gigabit Pro". Is there something wrong with the image that's preventing you from viewing it?

In any case, that's not really important, because it's irrelevant to my actual question.

Can you please read my original question? I have never asked whether or not the service is available at my address. I know that the service is available at my location. I only sent you the screen capture of the offer page because it seemed like you wouldn't answer my original question until I could somehow prove that service is available at my address..

This thread started over a week ago when I asked for help in signing up for the service, when no one at 1-800-xfinity seems to know about this plan. I'm still exactly where I was a week ago on this. Is there anyone I can speak to at Comcast who works specifically on Gigabit Pro service? Or anyone I can speak with who can help me figure out how to order?

Official Employee

I can help you order the service, is the order for your current address or is the order for new service? If you're signing up for new service you must call 1-800-COMCAST, if you currently have service and want to change your current internet plan I can assist you with that here. 

Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastAmir,

As I've said in 6 different posts to this thread, I've called 1-800-XFINITY multiple times, and no one there has been able to sign me up for Gigabit Pro. The reason I'm posting here is because I need to speak with someone who knows what Gigabit Pro is and can order it for me.

- You say that you can't help, and that I need to call 1-800-COMCAST

- 1-800-COMCAST says that they don't know what Gigabit Pro is, or that it's not available at my address

Is there anyone I can speak to who specifically works on Gigabit Pro who can actually answer my questions? I don't need you to fix my problem, but I would appreciate your help in connecting me with someone who can instead of just telling me to call 1-800-COMCAST or visit the Gigabit microsite page again. I've tried both of those, and neither worked.

Official Employee

LizardKroop, after researching this for you I found that this service is not available in your area which is why no one can add it for you. I understand that the site you found had Gigabit pro available to you, but this is an error on the website. I will get the site corrected so that it displays the correct information, but again Gigabit Pro has not yet been rolled out in your area. 

Frequent Visitor

ComcastAmir,

Update: After your last post I decided to just hire a personal assistant to call 1-800-XFINITY and figure out who to talk to to set up Gigabit Pro. By the end of the day, I had a fiber technician appointment scheduled.

I'm only writing this update because I think Comcast should be aware of what it took for me to place me order. There's something wrong if it takes two months, dozens of phone calls, a series of confusing forum posts with incorrect advice and literally *paying* someone to call for me, just to get in touch with someone who can order the service for me.

New Poster

ComcastAmir, I have had experienced exactly the same runaround as LizardKroop. To this day, the Comcast web site doesn't show either the previous tier I had for a long time (Xtreme 250) and the service plan I have now (Gigabit), nor the service I know is available, at my address, but cannot find any information from Comcast about (Gigabit Pro).

Your. Website. Is. Broken.  Has been for some time, and seems to be getting worse. And it seems intentional. It constantly tries to funnel people into calling/chatting, no doubt so they can 'upsell'. But the reality is, if I do finally break down and suffer through a Comcast 'customer service' call, it's rare that I end up talking with people with even a basic knowledge of the services I'm asking about, let alone can propose options I've yet to dicover. It does happen, but it's a very rare occurance. More typical is being put on hold while a poorly trained customer service representative consults with the knowledgable person I'd rather be talking to.

Frankly, I find it hard to beleive the lack of information on your web site is unintentional. It's much more likely to be motivated by shady sales practices, for which Comcast has a long-standing and well-deserved reputation.

Please just take the feedback and pass it along. Comcast is making it unnecessarily difficult discover what services are really available at my address, and actually order them.

I've been glad to not give AT&T any business for some time, but I'm seriously considering AT&T Fiber service, between this nonsense and the low 1TB data caps. It's not available yet in my area, but the information is there on the site, and when I did call, I got someone knowledgable who could give me a rough timeframe when it would be.

You know things are bad when AT&T provides better customer service than you do...

Official Employee

Hi PaulChambers,

Sorry you feel this way. We've been made aware that there are issues with customers being able to manage your account online. I apologize for the inconvenience and am more than happy to review and discuss the offers that are available in your area. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.