Community Forum

Have an appointment to upgrade to gigabit with a question..

Regular Contributor

Have an appointment to upgrade to gigabit with a question..

Is there some way to make sure the technician brings the Technicolor CGM4140COM XB6 and not the Arris one?  I've been hearing the Arris one has severe issues with online gaming.  Didn't realise that when I put the order in.  I play World of Warcraft around 4 hours a day, and I'd rather not have a hellacious experience since I'm beta testing.

Expert

Re: Have an appointment to upgrade to gigabit with a question..

It's your lucky day! Only the Technicolor XB6 is currently in stock. 

I am not an employee.
Regular Contributor

That's awesome then!  Sounds like those Arris ones were just defective.

Regular Contributor

Hey nedburg I was thinking of swapping my XB6-A for XB6-T as I have heard the Technicolor model is better than the Arris is thier any big differences between the 2 modems?
Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Well, unfortunately I got an Arris one. Hopefully I don't have the same issues people have complained about.. The tech didn't seem to know anything about there chipset issues or that there were two different ones.

Expert

If you don't need the voice service, you're probably better off buying a retail gigabit modem and a personal router, especially if you do a lot of gaming. I had to bridge my Arris XB6-A gateway to my ASUS router for weeks before I decided I had enough and bought an Arris SB8200 modem. 

You might also luck out and find a local Xfinity store with the Technicolor gateway in stock and swap it, which is what I eventually wound up doing. 

The Experts are regular customers who volunteer their time helping other customers on the Forums and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!