Community Forum

Has anybody else been flat out lied to by customer service?

New Poster

Has anybody else been flat out lied to by customer service?

I'm looking to see if anyone else has had the same experience as I have had with being lied to by a CSR. I contacted an xfinity rep by chat on or around March 24th because I knew that my triple play deal was about to expire and I didn't want a surprise higher bill. It turned out that my contract was in fact set to expire the very next day. I inquired about new packages that would lower my cost and was told by the representative that it is their policy to go ahead and extend the deal price for an additional 12 months so their customers are not met with a surprise raise in their bill. I reaffirmed that I would be able to keep my exact same tv package and same interent speeds without a rise in cost for an additional 12 months and was told yes. I asked if I needed to do anything to receive this and was told no, it's just something we automatically do for all of our customers.  
Imagine my surprise when yesterday I opened my bill to see that it had risen by $30+ and that I had lost my promised discount.  I contacted support once again today to find out what was going on and was told that I was misinformed and the higher price would stand as is. I cannot afford a $230+ bill every month so I was forced to cut back on services. I am now paying a mere $4 less a month than I was originally, but have lost many channels. I'm extremely upset and feel like I can no longer trust what I'm being told by representatives of this company.  I'm looking into becoming a DISH customer once again as I don't feel like xfinity cares about retaining current customers whatsoever. 

Official Employee

Re: Has anybody else been flat out lied to by customer service?

Hello MendyK, thank you for post on our forum. I am more than happy to get your billing concerns addressed for you so that you are comfortable with what you're paying. To better assist you can you please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message"? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Has anybody else been flat out lied to by customer service?

Hi MendyK, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!