Community Forum

Harrassment by Comcast number 800-266-2278

New Poster

Harrassment by Comcast number 800-266-2278

Why does this Comcast number (800) 266-2278 keep calling me 10 times a day? Finally I answered and they said they were comcast and that I owed money and my service had been cut for two months. This is not true. I double checked my online account and I am current on all payments. I told him he was a fraud and hung up. I have now blocked this number on my phone. Why am I being harrassed?

Official Employee

Re: Harrassment by Comcast number 800-266-2278

Hi galicki, I apologize for your experience, I can place you on the Comcast Do no Call list and will send you a private to further assist.

Thank you

New Poster

Ok thanks but WHY is it happening? Please put me on do not call list & send message as to why...
Official Employee

Thank you for the reply,  I am not showing any notes on the account that point as to why these calls are being made, but I will put your home phone  number on the comcast Do not call list, if there is any other numbers you would want to add please respond to my private message.

Also, I would like to point out that this is the comcasts Do Not Call list and To add your phone number to the National Do Not Call Registry, go to https://www.donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222 (TTY 1-866-290-4236) toll-free from the phone you wish to register. Registration is free. The Registry is managed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consumer protection agency. It is enforced by the FTC, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and state law enforcement officials.

Thank you

New Poster

could you stop mine too? they call me everyday all day. super annoying
Contributor

I received calls all day today from this number which I did not answer as I don't answer 800 number calls.  Each time the caller hung up without leaving a message.  Now, about a half hour ago, a message was sent.  It was a reminder from Comcast that I have a service visit scheduled for tomorrow.  This should tell something about the company and why I need service.

Official Employee

Hello all, I can add you to the do not call list. For further assistance please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Contributor

If you block this number, people will not be notified of scheduled appointments.  Comcast needs fix the calling system so it leaves a message the first time it dials a customer.

I had this same problem happen with a follow-up call after an appointment from another Comcast number.

Official Employee

Hello @ginadavis01. I can add you to the do not call list. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.