Community Forum

Hard inquiry for an existing customer for adding extra service

New Poster

Hard inquiry for an existing customer for adding extra service

Hello,

I have been an xfinity customer for 3 years.  But despite being a customer for 3 years, and having paid all the bills on time, xfinity ran a hard credit enquiry on my account, for adding internet service to a 2nd property. And while going through the set-up process at the store, the customer service rep never informed me that there will be a hard credit enquiry on my account.

Can you please explain the reason for this hard inquiry for an existing customer who only decided to add an additional service?

This is quite unfortunate for me as a customer and xfinity should be aware of all these impacts. Think of the impact this additional hard check can cause, if I was looking out for a home mortgage at that time.

Expert

Re: Hard inquiry for an existing customer for adding extra service

@lakeside88 wrote:

Hello,

I have been an xfinity customer for 3 years.  But despite being a customer for 3 years, and having paid all the bills on time, xfinity ran a hard credit enquiry on my account, for adding internet service to a 2nd property. And while going through the set-up process at the store, the customer service rep never informed me that there will be a hard credit enquiry on my account.

Can you please explain the reason for this hard inquiry for an existing customer who only decided to add an additional service?

This is quite unfortunate for me as a customer and xfinity should be aware of all these impacts. Think of the impact this additional hard check can cause, if I was looking out for a home mortgage at that time.

You didn't really add an additional service, you set up a new service at another address and that generated a new account.  Whenever that happens a credit check will be run, even though you're an existing customer.  You should have been informed about the hard inquiry.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Hard inquiry for an existing customer for adding extra service

Hello lakeside88. It is true that we do run a credit inquiry when establishing service at a new location. You should have been informed about this before the inquiry was performed. I can assist with submitting a credit inquiry dispute ticket to our credit reporting team, to see if this can be masked. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.