Community Forum

Hard credit inquiry without my consent....

New Poster

Hard credit inquiry without my consent....

I just signed up for comcast home internet and just noticed that they ran a hard inquiry on my credit without my consent. Before I bring my legal resources in, has anyone else dealt with this as well?

Thank you in advance for any help! And help save me from giving my lawyer more money haha.

Ryan
Regular Visitor

Re: Hard credit inquiry without my consent....

Hi Yes I have.  Yesterday I put in a 2 hr process to transfer service to an address I am moving to. Shortly after I received notice from credit kama that there was a hard inquiry. I can't say how long I have been a customer but longer than 20 yrs never had a problem with paying my bill. so I don't understand. I never gave permission. I came on here to see what I could find out.

Frequent Visitor

I feel your pain. The only reason we knew they would do a hard pull when we initially set-up our accounts was because we asked. The associate didn't say a word and it's not in a printout. Comcast needs to realize all their staff aren't playing by the book. Hope the hard inquiry is removed for you!
Regular Visitor

Good news they are going to reverse it. Yippee
Regular Visitor

I found out if you sign up as a new customer they do run the credit if you refuse it they charge 129dollars. But I think they need authorization first. Good luck with it.