Community Forum

Hard Inquiry on Credit Report

New Poster

Hard Inquiry on Credit Report

I pulled my Equifax credit report and found a hard inquiry made by Comcast at the time of my last service upgrade. I gave no permisson for this inquiry, and cannot afford the problems it is causing my credit score. I am absolutely shocked and upset. What are the steps I must take to have this removed?! 

Expert

Re: Hard Inquiry on Credit Report

Comcast does not need your authorization to pull your credit regarding a transaction that you initiated since they have a legitimate business need to do so. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Valued Contributor

You guys keep stating that they don't have to tell you.. but, given that it is a hard inquiry, the customer must be informed and consent given. I don't know where you are getting your info, but this answer has bothered me for a long time.
Official Employee

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.