Community Forum

Hard Inquiries on my credit report

New Poster

Hard Inquiries on my credit report

Comcast/Xfinity has put 6 hard inquiries on my credit since June 2018. I have been a customer for many years. There is no reason for them to check my credit nor did I give permission. I need these removed ASAP as they reflect negatively on my credit report!!!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Hard Inquiries on my credit report

I'd suggest you pull your full credit report and check for ID theft. I'd also suggest you monitor your report and/or lock it down.  It's not normal for Comcast to pull your credit six times. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello jewdichop, thanks for reaching out regarding this credit concern! @Nerdburg provided some great information and I can take a further look on my end. Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Message sent
Official Employee

I have responded, thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.