Community Forum

Hard Credit Inquiry done without authorization. Representative did not mention any credit pull

Regular Visitor

Hard Credit Inquiry done without authorization. Representative did not mention any credit pull

Hi,

I recently got a new Comcast internet connection. 

The sales agent asked me for my details like Name, DOB, SSN etc but never told me that this information will be used to do a hard pull on my credit history.

Today I checked my credit report and there has been a hard pull by Comcast.

1. I didn't authorize this credit pull and I wasn't given a copy of the T&C which may state that a hard pull would be done.

2. I haven't leased any equipment like router etc from Comcast and just took an internet connection. Inspite of that what was the need of a hard pull. A soft pull would have worked fine.

This is really bad Comcast. Just to provide a service of $40-50 a month, you lower the credit score of a customer and that too without consent. Please get the credit pull removed from my credit history.

Official Employee

Re: Hard Credit Inquiry done without authorization. Representative did not mention any credit pull

Hello tmkaplan, Comcast can pull your credit w/o your permission as they have a legitimate business need in connection with a transaction that you initiated. We cannot remove the credit inquiry but we can request that it be "masked". If you would like for me to submit a request on your behalf please send me a private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and provide your full name, street address, and account number. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Hard Credit Inquiry done without authorization. Representative did not mention any credit pull

Hi,

Yes, please do that. I'd send you a private message but it is not working for some reason

Official Employee

I am working on getting a private message sent to you so that we can get this taken care of please allow me 24 hours to get your private message enabled. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

It's been about 2 weeks with no message...

Expert
Moved: