Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Hacked

Highlighted
New Poster

Hacked

I didn't even have Xfinity Mobile just the bundle of internet/phone/cable. Someone hack my account and order $6,6692.92 worth of phones that Xfinity mailed to an address not on the account. My account now has a past due amount for $6,669.92. How can this happen? Why hasn't this been resolved? Why did I never get a confirmation for the purchase of $6,669.92? Why would anyone have faith that Xfinity can protect it's customers information. 

Expert

Re: Hacked

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

you should check your account to see what the contact email is.  It's possible that if someone has your  xfinity password they could have logged into your account and changed address and email.

Official Employee

Hi dadazi, I can get this taken care of this for you. Can you please send me a private message with your full address and account number by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

New Poster

I had the exact same thing happen. I called xfinity, waited on hold for an hour to have someone act like it was my fault, but mentioned several people having the same issue. He wanted me to go to a million different websites and then proceeded to hang up on me when I asked when he was going to cancel the order. How did you get it resolved???
Frequent Visitor

This also happened to me this morning. Fortunately I got email notification so I could call Xfinity to open a ticket.

They said that the shipping address is in Tennessee and I don't even live there. How comcast accepts order like that.

Is there anyway for comcast to prevent this type of issue?  I am not sure resolution of my issue yet. I hope that they could cancel the shipment.

I would like to know how the person could access to my account. 

Regular Visitor

The same thing happened to me.  I've called four times today because I received the email confirmations that four iPhones were ordered on my account shipping to a state 3,000 miles away.  Comcast support is clueless and acts like this is new every time I call and that they've never talked to me.  This is the worst customer service ever.  All four phones have shipped now and I am afraid I will have no recourse.  I've got no idea how this even happened.

Tags (1)
New Poster

This just happened to me too!  I got an email saying my order had been placed.  Called twice and was put on hold forever then the phones showed up.  I was lucky that my wife was home and took the delivery - 5 iPhone 8s!!!  I called and told the rep what happened and he’s said he escalated it then to change my password.  He then just tried to hang up and I ask well what about the phones!!  Oh just hang on to them and someone will be in touch.  I guess I will call back tomorrow.

Regular Visitor

Yup, just happened to me as well. Didn't have an Xfinity mobile account, and someone was able to log in, create/access it, and change the email/billing/shipping information to something they could access. 

I even had two-factor verification on.  This reaks of a exploit/loophole in their security system.

New Poster

I've been fighting this for a week. No matter what I do to reset my password, turn on two step verification, change security question, the hacker is still able to log in and change all of those things. It seems like comcast is much more loose with the "forgot username" process than other large internet companies. I believe my account number, phone number, and address have all been compromised, and two of those things I cannot change to something different. All it takes to retrieve my username and personal email address is my account number and phone number, so it does absolutely no good to change my username. My only remaining sliver of comfort is that I've added a passcode to my account that will be asked for if someone tries to call in and get a reset code using my information.

A rough timeline of events:

- I reported this on 10/31 originally and was told a case had been opened and I should get a call from the fraud department within 3 business days. Never got a call.

- The next day on 11/1, I got more emails saying my password had been changed, etc. So I called Comcast back and reached a level 2 person. They claimed the fraudulent phone orders had been cancelled and the IMEI's had been blacklisted. They confirmed I'd get a follow-up call by the fraud team. Still hasn't happened.

- Fast forward to today. Got another round of emails saying two-step verification had been turned off, password changed, personal info changed... Spent 90 minutes and went through 7 people at Comcast this evening. Only 1 of those people I would call compentent. That guy ACTUALLY cancelled the lines of service and the one outstanding pre-order. Stuff that was supposed to have happened last week.

I plan on filing a police report tomorrow, but I have zero confidence my small town police department will even understand half of the words I tell them. I'm very close to cancelling my TV and internet services, but I'm sure like everywhere Comcast is the only decent internet provider available. Comcast needs to step up it's online security. Google lets you see what device and from where your account was accessed, every time it's accessed. They also lets you add "trusted devices". Comcast might as well be in the stone age when it comes to account protection.

Regular Contributor

I agree completely. I am also going through a nightmare --- same issue -- and find that Comcast's security practices are laughable. After fraud is identified on an account, it should be impossible to place an order online -- they should require the thief to go into a store and provide credentials. The fraud department is outsourced in another country and they simply read from a laughable script...  "Change your password..."

The larger issue is it's easy to call in and get your password re-set, and that is what is happening. They should allow you to place a master fraud password on your account after it's been hacked so the thieves cannot access the account with the challenge questions, all of which they can answer if they have had access to the "my account" screen online (past bills, on demand orders, etc).

It is shameful... and consuming huge amounts of my time.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

I have been dealing with this for two years. All of my devices have been hacked and my personal information used. Comcast will not do anything. I live in a small town and the police will not do a thing. The damage that has been done is irreversible.
I didn’t realize just how bad it was until a couple of months ago. Contact me. My friends husband is a police official et in Chicago and he took a look at my computer and I was horrified. I have 3 small children too.
Comcast knew the modem was hacked when I had 42 devices logging in on one day.
I contacted their legal team after complaining for 2 years and they are trying to blame it on me opening malware. I need to find a lawyer. They have been using my devices for illegal activity. It is a nightmare. Please help.
Frequent Visitor

Please contact me. I am going through the same thing. The police in my small town won’t help because Comcast won’t take responsibility. All of my devices have been hacked and I have fraudulent activity on account. I was advised to contact the FCC because it has s that bad. I'm been going through this for two years. Switching out the modem won't help either. I can't even begin to tell you the damage: Not to mention the pictures and recordings. I have three small children and my worst fear was them being exposed and that feat has come true.
New Poster

I just received an Email from Xfinity mobile saying I just placed an order. after calling Xfinity mobile Someone in Harvey ,Louisianna order 5 Iphone 8's and 4 have shipped. I live in Illinois and the address does not match my account. Comcast told me my account is now  secure and it is not. I only have internet service and want it disconnected because I have my checking account attatched for billpay and don't trust Comcast to keep my personal information safe. Comcast said if I canceled my internet service they would charge me $80 because i signed up for a promotion which they never told me when I signed up. I just wanted internet service. I am also being told if I disconnect auto bay they will charge me $5 amonth. I just want out. someone is now walking around with my SS#, my address, my phone#, my comcast account # and my checking account number because comcast has been hacked. I guess i am going to have to contact my attorney and sue comcast for damages in order for me to get out of any extra charges. I also misspelled comcast and put a "n" in instead of a "m" and it wouldnt let me post because it is a bad word

Frequent Visitor

I am from Illinois and wil be there next week. If you can find a lawyer I will go in with you. Where in Illinois do you live? I can tell you so much more if you want to give me your number. 

You wouldn't believe the damage that has been done. 

My friend's husband is. Police officer and he is getting his masters in internet crimes. He showed me exactly why they were doing.  You would not believe it. I have been dealing with this for two years.

New Poster

Same thing happenned to me -  Someone used a credit rcard of mine to open frudulant account and buy phons- upon reporting this i was refered to several different departments including Fraud,billing cust service - i was told 2 times a refund will be coming it never did - on the 3rd time they told me a check will be in the mail- here I am  afetr 10 days & no check, holding again , e for extensive period of time waiting to actually speak to someon - I will be looking into how i can sue this company!

Regular Contributor

This is still happening...6 months and they still cant figure out thats this is an inside job

Regular Contributor

I finally reached a rep that was attempting to escalate the call to the fraud team. The call dropped while on hold for 1:10 minutes. This is really bad.  Time to call the lawyers.

Official Employee

Hi All, we take these matters very seriously. Please go to www.xfinity.com/fraudclaimform to submit a claim or call the Customer Security Assurance ID Theft team at 844-335-8719 as soon as possible.  

New Poster

All - I would like to advise this same issue had also happened with my account. There has to be a major security flaw with Comcast. Someone hacked into my account and changed things. To include switching the preferred email. Then to go on to place 3 Xfinity mobile orders. I have called Comcast to be told they can even give me details of the orders but I see in previous comments you guys at least were told City, State of shipment.
Official Employee

All - I would like to advise this same issue had also happened with my account. There has to be a major security flaw with Comcast. Someone hacked into my account and changed things. To include switching the preferred email. Then to go on to place 3 Xfinity mobile orders. I have called Comcast to be told they can even give me details of the orders but I see in previous comments you guys at least were told City, State of shipment.

Stanlycp94, did you file a claim with our CSA team?

New Poster

Yes I called the fraud department and they advised they are in the process of canceling all 3 orders.

I have not received an update at all and no information can be provided.

I called the number you have listed and they advised they are the same department. However I would like to advise that number did not ask me for information and just let me go on the fact I advised I opened a case with the fraud department.

Official Employee

Stanlycp94, if you spoke with the XFINITY Mobile Fraud department, they are not the same as the Customer Security Assurance team (CSA). The XFINITY Fraud team will work on canceling the order and processing IMEI blocks, but the CSA team is the actual investigative arm of Comcast. Both teams work together. 

KenF

New Poster

ComcastKenF

Why then wouldn't the fraud department suggest speaking to CSA? I have 5 unauthorized orders: 3 orders cancelled, two phones shipped and two more on the way even after I called immediately after getting the email notification of a purchase. My complaint wasn't forwarded and two more orders went through.  After the first set of orders I changed all my password information (including security questions).  Three days later when I tried to login with my new password it didn't work.  Found out my account reverted back to my old password. "Rest assured you will not be charged," is what they say.  That is not my biggest concern however. How was it that this happened twice (admin structure), the so called validation method that is used is not a realistic failsafe (security structure) and why has Comcast not notified/alert customers (customer support). I have recently secured my router, disabled my wifi broadcast, enabled a whitelist, changed xfinity password/security questions and ensured the validation is enabled.  Just waiting to get another email or see my password refert back and to see what else I have to do since Xfinity has failed to properly identify the root cause of the situation that has been happening for months now.

Just another victim

Regular Contributor

What you can do is talk to the fraud department -- second tier people. The first tier people at the fraud department just take notes and open a case but are offshore and reading from a script. The second tier are actually very helpful. Ask them to place a master password on your account. They don't offer this - you have to ask. Once that password is in place, no one can do anything to your account without it. That's what finally stopped my nightmare.

Official Employee

notagain212, the CSA team is the corporate team that handles all fraud claims. They are the pointpeople for fraud activity. I would reach out to XFINITY Mobile to get info on the order and attempt to cancel the order if possible. CSA is the team that does the major investigation. 

KenF

New Poster

Just an FYI to everyone reading this, I had the same issue, account hacked, new Xfinity Mobile Account created. iPhones purchased and sent to an address that's not mine. I've had conversations with at least 10-20 people at comcast. No 2 individuals have told me the same thing, each time has been a different story, with a different way to resolve the problem. Each time I have asked that I recieve an email confirmation that something is happening to help resolve that issue. I have received nothing.

The last person I spoke to admitted to me that THOUSANDS of peoples accounts have been hacked exactly this way. This is clearly a Comcast Issue! 

New Poster

First time hacked December 4, 2017... I called within 3 hours of hack. (I had major Surgery Dec 1st so I  wasn't right on top of it.)  phones were shipped and returned to Comcast... Still had an account with mobile.  So I could look at what was happening. There was a bill...  One phone says returned but a restock fee of $35.00.

Fast forward to January 9, 2018, 7:02 pm.  ... First email comes through thanking me for my mobile order...  WT*???? 5 weeks later...  Yep 3 phones and a speaker ordered. Are you kidding me...  I called as phones were being ordered...  I have spoken to every level of person this time...  They all say I should change my password  every 2 months...  Guess they don't  know that there Are 8 weeks in 2 months!!!  Well today I logged  in to my nonexistent mobile account and guess what...  All 3 phones were delivered and signed for N. Natalia in Georgia!!!  I live way far from there...  Comcast had plenty of time to stop or prevent from being delivered  those IPhones...  But They didn't  do a thing..  Remember  I called while they were being ordered..  And I called the next day!!!  So next time  your bill goes up...  Remember  we have to pay for the lack of  preventing  fraud and theft!  

Official Employee

Yeahme2450, sorry to hear this has happened to you. Did you reach out to our CSA team?

New Poster

Yes ComcastKenF,  I reached out to both fraud and CSA departments.  I even called someone  I know in retention trying to prevent those phones from being delivered...  And the thieves  got their phones today...  Oh and I forgot to mention...  I love the  hit on my equifax credit report!!!  

Official Employee

Yes ComcastKenF,  I reached out to both fraud and CSA departments.  I even called someone  I know in retention trying to prevent those phones from being delivered...  And the thieves  got their phones today...  Oh and I forgot to mention...  I love the  hit on my equifax credit report!!!  

Yeahme2450, I can help dispute the hit on your credit report. As far as the phones are concerned, the CSA team will need to open an investigation. Did you get access to the fraud claim info?

Send me a private message with your full name, account number, and address so I can begin the credit report dispute. 

KenF