Community Forum

HSD Modem Ultra/Extreme - Owned?

New Poster

HSD Modem Ultra/Extreme - Owned?

So, I recently moved to a new apartment after staying with my parents the past year after graduate school while I worked in my career to help save money. I purchased only the 75 Mbps service since in school I never watched TV except for live sports and I know how to still watch that and shows I want so it was the smart option.  I'm using my own Motorola Wireless-AC1900 modem/gateway/router.  However, my apartment place seems to have misplaced a package, my comcast welcome kit, already... So I'm not sure of the contents that was in the UPS box. So I moved in yeserday and just setup the service with my own spare coaxial and ethernet cables and everything was smooth and quick and am getting my advertise speeds which is great.  So I go to look on the equipment page and I see an entry for HSD Modem Ultra/Extreme - Owned.  Is this just acknowledging that I have my own modem?  I did select that I was using my own modem in the online checkout when I purchased the service.  In the event that they are unable to find this package and Comcast did ship me a modem when I asked them not too, which I have read has happened many, many times, would you know who exactly I need to get in contact with?  As I would hate to be charged for something that was never in my possession.

Capture.PNG

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HSD Modem Ultra/Extreme - Owned?

Question moved here from home networking for greater exposure to actual Comcast employees for an answer.

Problem Solver

Hello lgilbert907,

I apologize for any confusion. I can confirm that your account shows that you own your modem and that you are not being charged. Please let me know if you need help with anything else. 

Frequent Visitor

I am stopping Internet Service on 2/16/2018 and on the last page it is telling me I have to turn in a D2 HSD Modem Own. Quite confusing.

Official Employee

Hello stutac2, I can assist you with finding out what equipment needs to be returned once you cancel services. To verify this information I will need access to your account, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started.