Community Forum

HOW DO I SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE?

New Poster

HOW DO I SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!  Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoyed right now.  Trying to send a private message in response to a post I created.  I keep clicking on the person's name, and then i select "Send Message", and then I get a screen that looks just like the board I posted on.  There is no indication that I am sending a private message.  Geez... 

Expert

Re: HOW DO I SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE?

mrsbaker wrote:

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!  Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoyed right now.  Trying to send a private message in response to a post I created.  I keep clicking on the person's name, and then i select "Send Message", and then I get a screen that looks just like the board I posted on.  There is no indication that I am sending a private message.  Geez... 

After you click on the person's name and then on Private Message Me you should see a screen/form similar to this one, but it will say Private Messages at the top:

private message screen.JPG

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Administrator

Additional information about Private Messaging can be found here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Hi mrsbaker, were you able to finally send a private message after reviewing the suggestions here on this thread?

Thank you

Regular Contributor

ComcastPhil:  I have the same problem.  Cannot send PM's.  ComcastChe asked me to send a PM to him or her on another issue I was having with the mobile "Connect" app and I seem to have no PM capability.  For example if I click on send a message when viewing your profile info I get no messaging screen at all.  The link takes me to a page that just shows the comcast help and support forum header.  I also see no mail envelope icon at the top of my screen where you go to access your profile info.  So.... I've got a comcast employee tellng me to send them a PM so they can try to help fix a problem and I've got no way to send them a PM.       

New Poster

I do not get a PM screen either. I am registered. I am signed in. WAAAAH!

Expert

vmaewood wrote:

Never PM an Official Employee or Expert unless requested.  Sending an unsolicited PM is a violation of Forum Guidelines.  Please read this post.

When you send an unsolicited PM to an Official Employee requesting help or information you are keeping that OE from helping other customers that have responded to the OE's request and who have probably been waiting quite a while for help.  This is a public customer-to-customer forum and we ask that you post your problem in the open so that you can receive the maximum help possible as quickly as possible.

We thank you for your understanding.

I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Again wrote:

vmaewood wrote:

Never PM an Official Employee or Expert unless requested.  Sending an unsolicited PM is a violation of Forum Guidelines.  Please read this post.

Thank you for that piece of advice, Again. I try not to knowingly break rules, especially ones that make as much sense as that one does. 

Might you, Again, try to PM me so that I can see whether it shows up. Or someone else, could you PM me. Post here, please so I know someone has sent one.

Thanks a bunch!

Official Employee

Hi vmaewood, I have responded to your other post.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi ladkid, were you finally able to send a private message?

Thank you

Regular Contributor

No. I have no PM capability. When signed in on mobile if I click on a users name and go to their profile I don’t even see a PM option. When on desktop PC if I hover mouse over users credentials I see an option for PM but when clicking on it I get no PM screen but rather it takes me too a link that shows a help forum header and that’s it.
Official Employee

Hi ladkid, I just attempted  to send you a private message and was not successful.  I am going to forward to our admin and have him take a look and will let you know of any updates I receive.

Thank you

Regular Contributor

Comcast Phil: I now have PM capability. Thank you for resolving this for me !
Expert
Moved:

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. When I try to send someone a PM, the page shows nothing. @ComcastPhill, can you please help?

Expert

@harshruti wrote:

I have the same problem. When I try to send someone a PM, the page shows nothing. @ComcastPhill, can you please help?

Sending an unrequested PM is against Forum Guidelines.  Please start a new thread with your issues and someone will respond to you there.

Official Employee

Hi harshruti, thank you for working with me through private message and glad I could assist in helping you find a new promotion.  Please reach out here if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you