Community Forum

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

New Poster

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

I'm writing concerning an unacceptable customer service experience. This past Thursday (08/01/2019) my account services were disconnected without notice. My account was current and had balance of plus $10. That day I planned a party to view the start of the NFL preseason. I spent almost $100 on food and drinks for the event. I had to cancel my planned event and view the game at a local bar. The food/drinks were donated to the Salvation Army. When I contacted Comcast to resolve the issue I was told the department that could resolve the issue was closed until the next morning. The following morning I contacted Comcast and was told my account was closed because the previous resident of my apartment owed Comcast a debt. I explained that I did not understand how that should result in my services being disconnected. The only solution I was told was to bring 2 forms of ID, rental lease, and two utility bills to my local Comcast office. This was at a great inconvenience to me due to my prior commitment to stand as a pallbearer for a funeral service and the need to prepare my military uniform. I was not given an alternative option to resolve the mistake at that point and had no choice but to go to the local office that morning. I spent over an hour at the Comcast store verifying my identity for an account that had been in service almost a month by that point. My services were restored but I would have to reapply for my military discount, there was now a balance due in my account for over $700, and my phone number had somehow been linked to my mothers account at another address after it had been previously removed by me. Before the start of the service that morning I spoke with a Comcast representative over the phone to complain about my experience the wasted time and money, incorrect billing and overall lack of customer service. I was promised a call back by her supervisor at 4pm following the completion of my prior obligations. By that point I had lost confidence in Comcast and requested an email to document the conversion and the scheduled callback. The representative obliged and provided her employee name and ID (Chloe - 102104) I never received a call or email that day. I followed up and called back after 6pm that night. The representative I spoke with that evening said the employee information I had from that morning did not match any Comcast employees and it appeared I had Deliberately been given false information. She also said her supervisor was on lunch and would give me a called back within a hour. I never received a follow up call for the 2nd time! Today (08/03/2019) I called back to finally resolve my issues my Comcast and seek compensation. The representative who helped me was understanding, apologetic, and worked diligently over the next two hours to correct the charges on my account and other issues related to the unwarranted disconnection of my services. She then connect me to the retention department supervisor to address compensation for 1. My services being disconnected unwarranted without any prior communication. 2. The almost $100 I invested in food for the NFL party. 3. The lack of customer service to correct the mistake in a timely efficient matter. 4. Comcast requiring me to deliver documents to the Comcast store the morning of a funeral to restore services after realizing that Comcast was responsible for the mistake. 5. The over 8 hours and 4 phone calls that I've made the last two days to clean up the mess made by Comcast. The supervisor I spoke with was George-Account Retention - 109400. George did not offer an acceptable resolution to the situation. Given the circumstances described above you would assume a customer service supervisor would be understanding. This was not the case. George immediately begun to cut me off when I spoke, showed a compete lack of empathy or understanding for my obvious frustration. At one point he even called me lair! To put it simply he was rude and unprofessional. I'm sure that type of behavior is not reflective of the values of a company like Comcast, partially by someone in a leadership position. He had an opportunity to settle my grievances, own the mistakes made, and resolve this issue. It appears he had no interest in doing any of the above as he only succeeded with further escalating the situation. Evident by my complaint to you. I understand that mistakes happen, but things should not reach this point. This should not happen to anyone.