Community Forum

H400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

New Poster

H400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

I am trying to add my mobile number to my online account, and get this error:

This phone number is already associated with an XFINITY account

We cannot verify this mobile number, as it is already associated with another XFINITY account.

SH400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

Please advise how to fix this.

Official Employee

Re: H400.70.3: This Mobile Phone Number already exists.

Hi, andy992 - I mentioned in the big thread regarding this issue that you can definitely send me a private message with your account information (full name, account holder's name, address, phone/account number) and I will assist you. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

Regular Visitor

@comcastella I am also running into this same problem that everyone else in this thread is experiencing. However, I am also unable to send you a private message with the details you have requested. Is there an alternative way for me to get you my information? Thank you!

Official Employee

Hi, tanneregan - The PM feature activates after your first public post. You should be able to send me a PM with no issues, please let me know if you still don't see an envelope icon at the right upper corner. 

New Poster

Greetings. I am creating my first post to activate my PM feature so you can maybe help me. Thank you.

Expert

@arrrstin wrote:

Greetings. I am creating my first post to activate my PM feature so you can maybe help me. Thank you.

Please do not PM any Official Employee without them first requesting that you do so.  Sending an unrequested PM is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

@arrrstin - Got your message and replied back. 

New Poster

Submitting a reply so I can submit a PM to employee for assistance with same problem - despite over 10 hours of "help" on the phone with other reps!

Expert

@dms21 wrote:

Submitting a reply so I can submit a PM to employee for assistance with same problem - despite over 10 hours of "help" on the phone with other reps!

Sending an unrequested PM to an Official Employee is against Forum Guidelines

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

I am getting the same error. I was on a chat last night and the representative said she'd try to help and it would take time for the system to update. Just tried it again and I can't get it to verify.

I am guessing this is why I got an email from xfinity saying I had to update my information or access would be suspended to my account.

Expert

@jogden529 wrote:

I am getting the same error. I was on a chat last night and the representative said she'd try to help and it would take time for the system to update. Just tried it again and I can't get it to verify.

I am guessing this is why I got an email from xfinity saying I had to update my information or access would be suspended to my account.

The email you received is more likely a phishing email, trying to get your account information along with other personal information.  Hopefully you didn't click on any links in that email.....

Regular Visitor

The email came from xfinity@comcast.net

I clicked on it but didn't fill anything out because i didn't know if it was real. It may be unrelated to the error I get when trying to verify my phone number. The rep on chat last night said my number was used at my previous address (yes I know) and that shed clear it so I can verify it. Tried to verify today and still can't.

I didn't know if the email I recieved was due to not being able to verify my phone number.

Official Employee

Hi @jogden529,

I can help clear the issue with verifying your account. I would also like to help with the email you've received. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services. 

New Poster

Hello - I am posting so that I may PM you about the same issue. Thank you Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @ekrulder

You can send me a private message for assistance with this issue. Send me your first and last name and the phone number or account number associated with your services and we can go from there. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

New Poster

I am also getting this error; posting so that I can PM.

Expert

@rayshort910 wrote:

I am also getting this error; posting so that I can PM.

Never PM an Official Employee or Expert unless requested.  Sending an unsolicited PM is a violation of Forum Guidelines and the Forum Acceptable Use Policy.

When you send an unsolicited PM to an Official Employee requesting help or information you are keeping that OE from helping other customers that have responded to the OE's request and who have probably been waiting quite a while for help.  This is a public customer-to-customer forum and we ask that you post your problem in the open so that you can receive the maximum help possible as quickly as possible.

We thank you for your understanding.

Regular Visitor

Having the same issue.   First post here, will send you a PM shortly.  Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I still haven't been able to get this fixed.  :/