Community Forum

Groundhogs day! Getting the runaround on re-burying main cable uprooted in storm last December...

New Poster

Groundhogs day! Getting the runaround on re-burying main cable uprooted in storm last December...

So here's the background: Last Dec 7 '17 a large tree was blown over on the easment above our property. The root ball from the tree uprotted the buried main cable line and snapped the line. I called Comcast and they came out and patched the line within a day. The problem is the patch is still above ground between the uprooted tree and the junction box about 75 feet away. I want the line reburied. I have called multiple times since then, including this morning to get the situation addressed with no luck. All we get is a new ticket and promise for a drop coordinator to call back with no luck. Additionally, early on we did have a technician from the drop/bury dept come out and because it is not on our property and it is an issue with the main line, he said they don't handle it. We also were put in touch with a 3rd party contractor who once they found out it was not on our property, said that was major work and they don't handle it. I even had a Comcast CSR admit to me that this goes into a Twilight zone area at Comcast because it rarely happens and that it is the construction crew at Comcast that does original installations for main lines that needs to address this but she had no suggestions on how to follow up on the repair request.So, what do I do? This is craziness!

Expert

Re: Groundhogs day! Getting the runaround on re-burying main cable uprooted in storm last December..

This is something that the construction dept needs to fix. In my experience, they will fix it whenever they get to it. There really isn't anything you as a customer can do to get them to fix it more quickly. Perhaps an employee can give you an idea when the repairs are scheduled to happen though. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Admin1

Re: Groundhogs day! Getting the runaround on re-burying main cable uprooted in storm last Decembe...

Hi rickpthomas -- I can help get this line buried. nerdburg is correct that you need a different team to handle this issue due to the line type. I can that team out to bury the line. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication and I'll make contact with them. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.