Community Forum

Grandfathered plan not grandfathered at all, just lost all my channels and paying $10 more for less

Highlighted
New Poster

Grandfathered plan not grandfathered at all, just lost all my channels and paying $10 more for less

Grandfathered plan not grandfathered at all, just lost all my channels and paying $10 more for less. Been a customer for 31+ years and treated terrible. Charged a reactivation fee for both TV and Internet when account was paid 2 days before there supposed reactivation. Get a better deal if you are new customer, Ridiculous! Seems to get worse every year. Pay top dollar for service and can't even get a good signal with the 300 ft cable run from there box. Time to look at options, as the thousands of dollars spent here get you nothing but a headache!

Expert

Re: Grandfathered plan not grandfathered at all, just lost all my channels and paying $10 more for l

@5716669 wrote:

Grandfathered plan not grandfathered at all, just lost all my channels and paying $10 more for less. Been a customer for 31+ years and treated terrible. Charged a reactivation fee for both TV and Internet when account was paid 2 days before there supposed reactivation. Get a better deal if you are new customer, Ridiculous! Seems to get worse every year. Pay top dollar for service and can't even get a good signal with the 300 ft cable run from there box. Time to look at options, as the thousands of dollars spent here get you nothing but a headache!

Did you move to another community?   you mentioned reactiviation. The grandfathered channels means staying with the same service, location, to keep those channels.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Grandfathered plan not grandfathered at all, just lost all my channels and paying $10 more for l

No have not moved. The grandfathered plan I was told was now $30 more a month. Grandfathered means same plan same price. If not, what is being grandfathered good for.  Did you lock my post? 

New Poster

Also, been waiting for a supervisor and or manager to call all day.  Just constant lousy customer service. Been like that forever. Can't explain charges, don't give credits, the worst!

Expert

@5716669 wrote:

Also, been waiting for a supervisor and or manager to call all day.  Just constant lousy customer service. Been like that forever. Can't explain charges, don't give credits, the worst!

A "grandfathered" plan isn't forever and ever; it's only until the end of the contract.  So, it sounds as though your contract has expired and you've been put into every day pricing.  You can probably get a new deal, but most likely with some trade-offs.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I disgree, the contract is the contract but the grandfathered plan is available until a change is made by me.  As I was also told by Comcast, they fraudulently just switched me out of that plan, I lost 75% of my channels, paying more and have a slower internet speed. Total sham, DISH tomorrow!

New Poster

A grandfather clause (or grandfather policy or grandfathering) is a provision in which an old rule continues to apply to some existing situations while a new rule will apply to all future cases. Those exempt from the new rule are said to have grandfather rights or acquired rights, or to have been grandfathered in.