Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Grace period before $9.50 late fee?

New Poster

Grace period before $9.50 late fee?

I was told by Comcast employee Andrew on the phone just now that even though my bill due date is 1/17/17, that I will not be charged a late fee unless I do not pay my bill before 1/27/17, when the new bill was printed.  He said it was a grace period.

I originally called to see if I could move my billing date, as the 17th is very inconvenient for me.  When I asked him to please change my billing date, all he said was that it was not necessary.  Is this true? 

Can I get my bill due date changed?  Can I wait to pay it till the 20th, when I get paid without incurring a late fee?

Problem Solver

Re: Grace period before $9.50 late fee?

Hello Jadelynx,

I'll be more than happy to address your concerns. We do not allow customer to change or choose their due dates because that would have to do with your billing cycle date and you cycle date determines your due date. Each permanent cycle date has an associated permanent due date. In addition, a $9.50 late fee is applied when an account is past due every 30, 60 and 90 days. A late fee will be applied if the payment is not received within 30 days of the first day of a customer's billing cycle and each 30 days thereafter until payment is received. We technically do not offer grace periods, it all really depends on your area and mainly the billing cycle date. Also under the "Important Account Information" section of your bill, (page 3) states "Accounts that are not paid in full by the due date are subject to a $9.50 fee." I hope this helps bring some clarity, if you have any additional questions or concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

So what you are saying is that what your employee told me is a lie, and I have to pay by the 17th (today) or I will be charged a late fee.  Is that what you are saying?

Problem Solver

It seems that the representative you spoke with may have been misinformed & I do apologize for it, and if a payment is not made by the due date, you may be charged a late fee. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I just called again and was told the exact same thing by another employee of Comcast.  This time she gave me a reference number in case I need to prove what I was told.  So I guess I will see what happens.

Problem Solver

Jadelynx,

Please reach back out to us if you need further assistance. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I was looking at this as I was wondering the same thing, as I did get a late fee recently after my auto-pay didn't work. I restored my auto-pay and the website indicates that it is "on," but my automatic payment did not happen this month again, so I paid it a day after the due date. Last month I paid two or three days after the due date, and there was no late fee. It sounds like Xfinity is saying they **reserve the right** to charge a late fee right away under our contracts, but they're just not doing it and effectively giving a grace period. They're just giving us a break.

New Poster

I was told by a xfinity rep there is a grace period til the 25th not 27th
New Poster

No ...you have til the 25th to pay without a late fee if you don't pay there will be a late fee ....
New Poster

You are also misinformed ....every person has til the 25th to pay without a late fee I've been a long time customer and know all there is to know
New Poster

I was also told twice I had a 10 day grace period to pay my bill.  It falls on the 30th and it’s more convenient for me to pay it on the 3rd.  I had paid it on the 3rd with no late charge and this months bill I get a 10.00 late charge.  I called and am now told there is no grace period of ten days and I couldn’t change my due date.  It sure would be nice if their employees were trained to know what’s what.  I’ve had Comcast since 2011 and this is my only complaint.  

Official Employee

Hello Solis75. What you were told is correct. We unfortunately do not have a 10 day grace period, nor do we have the ability to change your bill due date. Feel free to reach out to us if you need to request a payment arrangement to keep your service from disconnection due to non-payment.