Community Forum

Government Shutdown

New Poster

Government Shutdown

Hi, I'm a customer who is affected by the Government Shutdown and my bill is due in a few days. Will Xfinity allow extra time for customers who can't pay on time? 

New Poster

Re: Government Shutdown

Same question - you have thousands of customers impacted.
New Poster

Same question - and my guess is that Xfinity/Comcast has many federal employees as subscribers.  Other companies are offering options for payment - will you be doing the same?  

New Poster

Is Comcast offering any breaks for federal employees on furlough?

I am currently on furlough, and am wondering if I can get a break on my bill. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Bryan

New Poster

Re: Is Comcast offering any breaks for federal employees on furlough?

Yes, I need to know the same thing!   COME ON XFINITY RESPOND

Official Employee

Hello everyone. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. Comcast is making payment arrangements to assist customers affected by the Government Shutdown. I can assist with reviewing each of your accounts and apply the payment arrangements for you. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi I’m a Government employee affected by the Shutdown. Can Xfinity provide assistance?
Official Employee

Hi jrep21pr. Yes I can provide assistance, please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hello,we also need assistace during the furlough. How do we private message you?? Thanks

Official Employee

Hello Kristy4. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

New Poster

Hi, I an seeking assistance with my bill due to Government Shutdown. 

New Poster

I too need assistance but I don’t know how to send you my information
New Poster

Hi joe I’m also affected by the government shutdown I have already made a payment agreement with you guys but xfinity mobile is giving me a really hard time can you please help
New Poster

Please help me they wouldn’t assist me and I called them. I am set for shut down tonight. I am a federal employee.
Expert

IF YOU NEED IMMEDIATE HELP...

Call  1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) or 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)

Tell them you are a government employee seeking relief. 

The forums do not offer real-time support. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Government Shutdown

Hello,
My name's Andrea. Both my husband and I are furloughed. We are in a tight space trying to keep some normalcy with our kids occupied inside with this cold weather. Are you providing arrangements or assistance? We'd really appreciate any help.
Thank you.
New Poster

I was also affected by the government shutdown what can be done about my outstanding bill
New Poster

Hi. I am also in the same situation, but new to the forum so unable to privately message. Please let me know what I can do to access any assistance. I tried calling Comcast and was told there was nothing they could do.

Thank you.

Maureen
Frequent Visitor

This shutdown is destroying us.  With Electric, Cable and Car Insurance all due at the same time, theres just no way.  I dont wanna let my internet and cable go but its looking that way.

Official Employee

Hello, 

To those federal government workers impacted by the government shutdown: we're here for you.

We know this is a difficult time for you and all those directly affected by this closure, and we want make sure you can stay connected to family, friends and loved ones.

Comcast is standing by to help with flexible payment options to keep your service running. 

smart_ace1, I have received and responded to your private message. Let's continue to discuss your account details privately. 

Regular Visitor

I am another of the 800,000 employees not being paid. Any help you might be able provide would be much appreciated. Thank you.

New Poster

ComcastJoeTru,

I can't find the button to PM you... i am also affected by this shutdown. Talked to several personnel at Comcast but i am still fuzzy about what is happening with my bill

thanks

Regular Visitor

I am also a new customer needing assistance, I have called and they said there was nothing they could do. But I can’t private message.
New Poster

I am also a government employee and need to talk to someone from Xfinity about paying my bill.
Regular Visitor

I need help too
Official Employee

Hello everyone,

As posted earlier: 

To those federal government workers impacted by the government shutdown: we're here for you. We know this is a difficult time for you and all those directly affected by this closure, and we want make sure you can stay connected to family, friends and loved ones. Comcast is standing by to help with flexible payment options to keep your service running. 

If you need assistance with your account, please reach out to me directly via private message and include your full name so I can assist you.

To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

Regular Visitor

It looks Xfinity disabled private messaging for new forum users. After posting, the option is enabled.
New Poster

I can not figure out how to private message you. I clicked your profile, but can not find the private message button to message you. 

I am affected by the shutdown and would like to discuss options on our bill.

New Poster

When I called Xfinity they told me we can cancel since we are in good standing and then when we can pay start service again I dont know what everyone else is being told.

New Poster

Hello I’m affected by the government shut down and I need time to pay my bill they said its569.17 can I please get some assistance I’m on a fix income and I don’t want to lose my service please if you can contact me in my email at <edited for forums violation>@yahoo.com I will appreciate that thanks
New Poster

Hello,
I am a furloughed Federal government employee. I heard Comcast was offering payment assistance. What are the details? Thank you!
New Poster

When I click on your screen name, there is no option to PM you.... Please clarify how we contact you to arrange for furlough assistance. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

It is just crazy that a mega-company like Xfinity would tell its customers to disconnect and resume service later.  I have been paying consistently for 3 years at over $200/month - that's over $7,000 in their greedy little pockets and they can't come up with a plan to allow us to defer payments for a month or two?  Dish Network here I come...

Just a side note on the money, I was with DirecTV for over 10 years at my last house.  They kept increasing my bill 30 to 60 cents a month where it virtually doubled my bill from $120 to $230 in 10 years without me noticing.  I was too lazy to question them or when I did, they claimed it was the netowrk providers jacking up their fees.  If you round that out nicely, that is over $20,000 I paid them for 10 years of service...  I guess Xfinity does want that from me. 

Official Employee

Hello, all - 

We understand how important it is to make sure your bill is taken care of during this time. Comcast is standing by to help with flexible payment options to keep your service running. If you are unable to send a PM, please be aware that you must post publicly before the option becomes available. If you are still experiencing issues with sending a PM after you post a public response, let us know. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

New Poster

Are you still assisting federal employees who need help with their bills?
Official Employee

Nicole0606, yes we are! I just got your PM, I'll respond back to you there momentarily. 

New Poster

Joe I can’t seem to message you from the page you directed me to. Any help would be apprecited.
Official Employee

Hey there, Sassinator333, feel free to send me a PM using the directions listed above. 

New Poster

I am government furlough as well...

I need assistance

Official Employee

Hi LDaughtreyPR. I can assist with reviewing your account and getting you setup with a flexible payment arrangement. Please send me a private message. To do so, click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click "Send a message" and private message me.

To anyone else experiencing issues sending a Private Message, as mentioned earlier, you must post publicly before the Private Message option becomes available. 

Regular Visitor

I don't see how people can like this comment when these people tease us with invitations to PM them for assistance and then ignore us when we do.  My bill is up to almost $500 and I still can't pay since I haven't been paid and still won't be paid for some time since the ignorant government 'representatives' that represent us and are supposed to take care of us and pay us for the work we do each and every day to protect this nation decide to act like 4 year olds and hold us hostage.  Then we get treated like this from companies we pay $200+ every month for entertainment services and pay them for nearly 3 years and want to for several more years, but they won't even acknowledge we exist - EVEN THOUGH WE WANT TO PAY OUR BILLS WITH THEM and WANT TO CONTINUE SERVICE!s

Maybe I will just ask for a permenent reduction in the cost of my service if they want to treat me like a human again and keep us as a customer for serveral more years - or I will be glad to move on to another cable and internet and phone provider...

Official Employee

RandyRettinger, I'm sorry for the delay. I'm glad I was able to assist you in a PM. Let me know if you need anything before I follow up with you on Wednesday. 

New Poster

How do I send a private message? It has no option to send a message on your profile
Official Employee

Hey there, Yoogib16, you must first post publicly in order to send a PM. Let me know if you're now able to send a private message. 

New Poster

I am a federal government employee also. I'm trying to send private message, but I do not see the option.
Official Employee

Hi Roxy1822. You must first post publicly in order to send a PM. Now that you have done so, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

Regular Visitor

Can You Help With My Account I Was Affected
Official Employee

Hello dtart. I can assist you. I have received and responded to your private message. Let's discuss the details of your account via private message please.