Community Forum

Gigabyte modem has dissappeared from my serices / internet page

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Gigabyte modem has dissappeared from my serices / internet page

My gigabyte modem has dissappeared from from manage internet page.  The modem has already restarted 2 times.  I tried calling 1-800-934-6489 , but got moved over to making a payment.  Even after i said technical support..  Where did my expesive gigabyte modem go it shows the old cm600 modem i had , it seems the gigabyte modem has been deleted for some reason.  The AI says that on 23JUL20 maintence will be done at my address and internet will be affected.  That's 2 days away .  I am not getting the speeds promised.  Xfinity speed test show 91 down.

Why would the equipment dissappear from from my manage internet page and it put the old modem in the gigabyte modems place.

Anyone have any ideas.   The cm 600 is long gone it was sold last week so i don't know what the internet is using as a modem.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Gigabyte modem has dissappeared from my serices / internet page

Now it is back up to speed.  One question  should i turn off the modem when not using the internet ?  I dont know if the gigabyte service is different from the lower speeds.  

Untitled01.jpg
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

See , I no longer own that modem it is on it's way utah.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Now the cm600 is gone replaced with this display :

MAC address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx-

--I blocked out the acutual letters and numbers.  Googing that mac address it is across world from where I live.

Device

Registered 05/02/2020 by

I have not had this gigabyte service for 2 weeks yet.  So may would be far far off.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

As of right now the proper modem is listed and no other modems are listed either .