Community Forum

Gigabit

New Poster

Gigabit

I started to see commercials on TV about gigabit internet from Xfinity. I did a chat and the rep told me it was available for my address. 

So I stopped by a Comcast store and picked up a modem.

Now I chat to change my service to gigabit, one rep told me it was available but they couldn't do it that I had to call. Another rep told me that it wasn't available for me.

Is there a Comcast employee on this forum that can check for me.

Thanks,

Expert

Re: Gigabit

Normally for Gigabit, you would need a professional install. Sounds like something is screwy. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hey cannyit007. I can check the availability of Gigabit internet at your location for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Regular Visitor

What is the “professional install” and is that the reason why my 1 year install of Blast wiring has to be upgraded?

Wireless Gateway: DPC3941T w/ Blast Tier
Wireless Gateway: TP-Link AC1750 w/ Blast Tier
Admin1

Hi nythml -- The professional install for Gigabit service ensures your signal and wiring are strong enough to handle Gigabit speeds. If you had wiring installed a year ago then no upgraded wiring would be needed as you'd have the latest wiring we use. 

Regular Visitor

Thank you ComcastZach. When my new modem arrives, I'll schedule an upgrade.

Wireless Gateway: DPC3941T w/ Blast Tier
Wireless Gateway: TP-Link AC1750 w/ Blast Tier
Official Employee

Hi nyhtml. Just checking in. Did you receive your modem? Did you need any further assistance with the upgrade?