Community Forum

Gigabit with unlimited for $15/mo - does it exist?

Regular Visitor

Gigabit with unlimited for $15/mo - does it exist?

I have Blast 250 internet. I spoke with live chat last night to ask if gigabit was available in my area. He said yes. He also said that I could also switch from paying an upgrade fee of $50/mo for unlimited data to paying only $15/mo if I use Comcast equipment instead of my own.

I called Comcast sales today to upgrade to gigabit service, and also to get the $15/mo offer to avoid the $50/mo surcharge. The phone rep said no such offer exists, and that I must be confused.

Who's correct, the online agent or the phone agent? Am I able to save on unlimited data if I lease Comcast's modem?

Update: I found what's going on. The XFi Advantage $15/mo rental does include unlimited data, but only in Comcast's central market. My state doesn't have this option. The online agent made a mistake by extending that offer.

Official Employee

Re: Gigabit with unlimited for $15/mo - does it exist?

Hi there, bmcgroarty. I can look into your account to see if the promotion you mentioned is available.

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Gigabit with unlimited for $15/mo - does it exist?

I am glad I was able to answer all your questions. If you have any please reach out. Thank you for being a part of Comcast and a valued customer! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!