Community Forum

Gigabit has not worked right since I signed up with Xfinity.

Highlighted
New Poster

Gigabit has not worked right since I signed up with Xfinity.

I have never been so infuriated with a company before in my life! I've been lied to multiple times I've been talked down to like a child I think out of the 30 or 40 people I've spoken with three or four I've actually listened and tried to help me. I started my service in June and it hasn't worked right since the day I activated it. I've spent countless hours on the phone and on internet chats. Today was technician #4 that has been to my house. I have a new line drop from the pole to my box and a new line from my box ran straight to my modem and I've swapped the modem out for the same model (cgm4140com).                I'm having the IPv6 problem that quite a lot of people are having. But it seems that nobody at Xfinity seems to know what I'm talkin about. I even have one guy tell me that he had three Bachelors degrees and he could assure me that Xfinity does not use IPv6. That doesn't even begin to describe the crazy things I've heard from these employees. I've been paying for a service that I can't really use for what I need to use it for and also have paid for technicians to come out here. The last thing I was told was that they couldn't help me and the only option is for me to buy my own modem and router. I really don't want to spend more money I wish I would have got out before my 30 days and not be stuck in this contract. They also informed me that when I get my own modem and router I will lose my unlimited data unless I pay $50 more a month.

So basically Xfinity has taken my money, lied to me, not helped me at all and told me the only solution is 2 spend more money and pay them more money. I just want internet that works. I told them I would do whatever it takes that I would go down to a lower speed get ne properly working modem from them if that's what I need to do. And they just keep passing me off and passing me off to the next person and wanted to send more technicians out here. I will never use them again and I would tell anyone that asked me that they should never use Xfinity. I've never felt so deeply horrible about a company.