Community Forum

Gigabit Pro

Highlighted
New Poster

Gigabit Pro

How do I inquire out about availability of Gigabit Pro service (or anyuthing faster than 1Gbps/40Mbps)?

Thank you,

Michael

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Gigabit Pro

@mikeglassmike wrote:

How do I inquire out about availability of Gigabit Pro service (or anyuthing faster than 1Gbps/40Mbps)?

Thank you,

Michael

Have you looked at your rate card?  If it is available, you can see how much it costs.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@mikeglassmike wrote:

Thank you,

Michael

I'm glad you're interested in our Gigabit Pro service.

I've asked a collegaue here to review and reach out to you on your request above so that we can go over the potential availability, costs and timing.

Someone on the team will reach out to you directly on next steps.

Let me go through some basic information you need to know.

We will need to run a serviceability check to see if your home is eligible for the service.

Once we conduct the serviceability check on your home, there is a $500 activation fee and a $500 installation fee totaling $1,000.

Service is $299.95 a month with a $19.95 monthly professional-grade equipment rental fee plus taxes.

The Gigabit Pro service requires a two-year contract with a $1,150 early termination fee, which declines over the course of the contract.

You will need to have a computer or other device capable of accepting 2 Gbps services to utilize the full capabilities of Gigabit Pro

If your home is serviceable, we will need to build fiber optics to your home. That process can take several weeks. We will communicate our progress throughout that time.

Additional info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/requirements-to-run-xfinity-internet-speeds-over-1-gbps

Our team will reach out to you here to go over next steps.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello mikeglassmike, I'd be happy to check if Gigabit Pro is available in your area for you. To get started please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!