Community Forum

Gigabit Pro

Highlighted
New Poster

Gigabit Pro

How do I inquire out about availability of Gigabit Pro service (or anyuthing faster than 1Gbps/40Mbps)?

Thank you,

Michael

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Gigabit Pro

@mikeglassmike wrote:

How do I inquire out about availability of Gigabit Pro service (or anyuthing faster than 1Gbps/40Mbps)?

Thank you,

Michael

Have you looked at your rate card?  If it is available, you can see how much it costs.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@mikeglassmike wrote:

Thank you,

Michael

I'm glad you're interested in our Gigabit Pro service.

I've asked a collegaue here to review and reach out to you on your request above so that we can go over the potential availability, costs and timing.

Someone on the team will reach out to you directly on next steps.

Let me go through some basic information you need to know.

We will need to run a serviceability check to see if your home is eligible for the service.

Once we conduct the serviceability check on your home, there is a $500 activation fee and a $500 installation fee totaling $1,000.

Service is $299.95 a month with a $19.95 monthly professional-grade equipment rental fee plus taxes.

The Gigabit Pro service requires a two-year contract with a $1,150 early termination fee, which declines over the course of the contract.

You will need to have a computer or other device capable of accepting 2 Gbps services to utilize the full capabilities of Gigabit Pro

If your home is serviceable, we will need to build fiber optics to your home. That process can take several weeks. We will communicate our progress throughout that time.

Additional info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/requirements-to-run-xfinity-internet-speeds-over-1-gbps

Our team will reach out to you here to go over next steps.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello mikeglassmike, I'd be happy to check if Gigabit Pro is available in your area for you. To get started please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastTeds @ComcastAmir -  I'd like to inquire about the availbilty of Gigabit pro I keep getting the runaround on the phone and no one seems to know what i'm talking about. Both myself and neighbor are interested. Please contact me.

Thanks!

Matt 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Amir I unable to PM when I go to your profile.  I am also trying to kick off the survey for gigabit pro service at a new location I move to next month.  It is a newer neighborhood and online it indicates it is available there.    How do I kick off this process please.  TY!    

Highlighted
Expert

@mccaffds 

The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

Please do NOT send any of the Official Employees private messages unless they request it. By doing so they are being flooded with PM's and are being bogged down in trying to answer all of them. This keeps them from doing their job effectively here in the forums and defeats the purpose of the forums.

Thanks

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the info.   It seems you can't just PM it appears anyway, but this information is helpful.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastAmir @ComcastTeds  Following up on my previous message, would somone be able to get me in contact with the right people?

Highlighted
Official Employee

I'm glad you're interested in our Gigabit Pro service.

I've asked a colleague here to review and reach out to you on your request above so that we can go over the potential availability, costs and timing.

Someone on the team will reach out to you directly on next steps.

We will need to run a serviceability check to see if your home is eligible for the service.

Once we conduct the serviceability check on your home, there is a $500 activation fee and a $500 installation fee totaling $1,000.

Service is $299.95 a month with a $19.95 monthly professional-grade equipment rental fee plus taxes.

The Gigabit Pro service requires a two-year contract with a $1,150 early termination fee, which declines over the course of the contract.

You will need to have a computer or other device capable of accepting 2 Gbps services to utilize the full capabilities of Gigabit Pro

If your home is serviceable, we will need to build fiber optics to your home. That process can take several weeks. We will communicate our progress throughout that time.

Additional info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/requirements-to-run-xfinity-internet-speeds-over-1-gbps

Our team will reach out to you here to go over next steps.  

Highlighted
Administrator

@Shamitoff 

We are happy to assist you with checking the availability of our Gigabit Pro Internet Service in your area. Can you please private message me your Full Name, Address, Phone Number, and Comcast Account Number?

Highlighted
New Poster

Howdy, I am also interested in Gigabit Pro availability in my area (WA state), who can I message for more information? Thank you!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

hi can i send u a pm to see if my home is servicable for gigabit pro

Highlighted
Official Employee

@nick30 

Thanks for your interest in our Gigabit Pro service.

I've looped in our local team on your request above so that we can go over the potential availability, costs and timing. Someone on our local area team will reach out to you directly on next steps.

We will need to run a serviceability check to see if your home is eligible for the gigabit pro service.

Once we conduct the serviceability check on your home, there is up to $500 activation fee and a $500 installation fee totaling $1,000.

The Gigabit Pro service requires a two-year contract with an early termination fee, which declines over the course of the contract.

Additional info at the links below

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/requirements-to-run-xfinity-internet-speeds-over-1-gbps

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/internet/what-is-gigabit-internet

Our team will reach out to you via e-mail and phone to go over details and next steps, thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm curious to see if it's available in Lakeland, TN.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastJessie I've sent you a private message with the details.

Thanks! 

Highlighted
New Poster

@ComcastAmir @ComcastTeds I am interested in Gigabit Pro, would you be able to assist me? Thanks!

Layla

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastJessie I've sent you the approval requested.

Thanks
Matt