Community Forum

Gigabit Pro Availability

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Gigabit Pro Availability

I've seen other people make this post, and typically employees tell you to PM them, but I saw something that said you have to make a post to PM, so here we are.

I would just like to know if/when Gigabit Pro is/will be available in my area (I'm in an apartment, so I'm guessing the question is going to be the latter, but it doesn't hurt to ask). If anyone could help me, that would be great.

Stay healthy!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Gigabit Pro Availability

@Bmizz_1 wrote:

I've seen other people make this post, and typically employees tell you to PM them, but I saw something that said you have to make a post to PM, so here we are.

That's not actually how it works.  You need to post your problem on the open forum, but NOT PM an employee after you make the post.  That's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy and the PM Policy.

When you PM an employee without being asked to do so, you are effectively bumping other customers out that are waiting/working with that employee.  We don't have a lot of employees here so people arbitrarily sending them PM's bogs down the system and overwhelms the employees, keeping them from effectively and systematically helping the maximum number of customers possible.

However, the Reddit forum asks that you first post publicly and then send a modmail.  Their guidelines are different from ours, but a number of the employees that help here also help there.  And right now both places are backed up because of COVID-19.

I would just like to know if/when Gigabit Pro is/will be available in my area. If anyone could help me, that would be great.

Stay healthy!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@Again wrote:

That's not actually how it works.  You need to post your problem on the open forum, but NOT PM an employee after you make the post.  That's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy and the PM Policy. 

Oh! I didn't know that, but I also didn't do it (for the wrong reasons). Thanks for letting me know.

Highlighted
Expert

@Bmizz_1 wrote:

@Again wrote:

Oh! I didn't know that, but I also didn't do it (for the wrong reasons). Thanks for letting me know.

You're welcome.  And thanks for being understanding! 👍🏼

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@Again wrote: ... PM Policy ...

The link is broken. It pulls up the forum home page.

Highlighted
Expert

@BruceW wrote:

@Again wrote: ... PM Policy ...

The link is broken. It pulls up the forum home page.

Thanks for the heads up, Bruce.  It apparently was recently removed, and probably archived.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@Again is this a typical wait time for help on the forums during the pandemic or do you think people are not responding because there are like 8 replies already? (Sorry if I'm unknowingly being impatient; I just don't know how long it usually takes, so I don't have something to compare to). Should I create a new post or wait some more (if this, do you think I would usually get a response in the time between when I posted and Friday)?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

@Bmizz_1 wrote:

@Again is this a typical wait time for help on the forums during the pandemic or do you think people are not responding because there are like 8 replies already? (Sorry if I'm unknowingly being impatient; I just don't know how long it usually takes, so I don't have something to compare to). Should I create a new post or wait some more (if this, do you think I would usually get a response in the time between when I posted and Friday)?

Thanks.

You'll just have to be patient.  Sometimes it can take several days before someone answers.