Community Forum

Getting service at my new construction house

Regular Visitor

Getting service at my new construction house

I'm moving in ~45 days or so into a house that is new constuction (its existed for most of 2019). I can find the addresses of all the neighbors when looking to move service, but of course not my new house number. 

I perviously had a new construction and it was a MESS getting service. I had an installation scheduled and told them it was new, and when the tech. came out to do the install he realized there was no "Tap" on our pole and the closest taps were too far away. fast forward a month or so later we finally got service after a survey, plan, tap installation, and finally the tech coming back to...turn on the equipment? 

I'd like to avoid all of this at all costs. I've like to set up service asap, and hopefully since this new house isn't nearly as far back from the road as the previous one, the distance to the tap isn't a problem. if so I'd *love* to get the survey/plan/etc taken care of ahead of time instead of finding out after I move in and having to wait a month or two again. 

Is there anything I should do/numbers to call to start to get this taken care of ahead of time? 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Getting service at my new construction house

Hello mnicholson, thank you for taking the time to post here.  I understand you would like to get a head start on a survey with your new house and can help submit a ticket to the right team.  Please send us a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Getting service at my new construction house

Hello, we haven't heard from you but please don't hesitate to reach back out if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!