Community Forum

Getting new service setup

Highlighted
New Poster

Getting new service setup

I've just moved into my new house last week. This is a new construction part of a subdivision. The house should already have all the underground conduit setup(along with all necessary cables) as the builder has been building houses in this street(and still ongoing) for past 3-4yrs. My next door neighbor, whom moved in a month prior already has Comcast setup. I've been calling & visiting store trying to get comcast setup but is not having any luck. I finally did had a tech came out this past Wednesday, he said there are no feed to house yet. He opened a construction ticket for me, but could not give me a ticket#. I went to a xfinity store and spoke with the manager there, they told me some one should contact me in a few days. They also cannot provide me with any ticket#. So I had call support yesterday, the person on phone said these ticket take 6-8 weeks for callback. So not sure who's right or wrong here, each time I call, I get get different answer.

Is there anyway to get in contact with this construction team? I can't sit around and wait another 6-8 weeks for this as I work from home.
Official Employee

Re: Getting new service setup

Hi JWH77. We welcome you to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. New homes being added to our footprint are typically handled by our Serviceability / Construction teams. I can assist with researching your home address status and requesting status update on your address serviceability. Please send me a private message and include your full name, complete home address, and primary contact phone number so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Getting new service setup

Hi JWH77. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!