Community Forum

Getting my address serviceable

New Poster

Getting my address serviceable

Currently my address is not servicable for comcast as it is a new apartment building and when the technicians came out they said engineering would have to come out and do the install. They then said they would call me back with an appointment time. One week later and no call I called the customer service line to get this resolved. They created a ticket as I could not talk to engineering directly and a seperate technician called the next day who then created a ticket for the dig team to do it. When they called after that day the dig team said they didn't do it ( there is already a feed to electric room and shouldn't be a need to dig) and created a ticket for the box? team. The box (not sure if this is correct) team contacted me and said my address is not servicable ( no duh, the entire point of me calling) and left it at that. Called again the next day got the same run down however the technician i spoke with on the phone indeed said he could help and said the engineering team would be out friday at 8am, I made the mistake not to ask for a confirmation number and left it at that. Friday comes along and no one shows up so I call yet again and get the same run around.  Customer service creates a ticket for a technician to talk to me sunday (today)  and says they cannot provide a direct contact to engineering as they do not have a direct contact. Sunday comes Impatient I call around 5pm my time and asked the status of my ticket, customer serivice said it is actually a field technician that is supposed to show up between 8am and 8pm (even though I have no appointment confirmation or anything for that) and that I should just wait even though I explained they're going to show up say it is not conncected to the building and need engineering to do the job.  Of course 8pm comes and goes no technician, no phone call, back to square one. The kicker is there is a comcast business line to the front of the building ( confirmed by the original field techs) and comcast in the surronding (within 50 feet) buildings. I am just trying to see what it would take to have my apartment building servicable or if for whatever reason it will never be servicable and why.