Community Forum

Getting internet service

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Getting internet service

Anybody know how to contact Comcast to have internet installed?  We live in a 'rural' area in VT (but only 1/2 mile from a Comcast fiber optic cable).  Last fall Comcast said they would run a cable to our house for $70,000.  (That is not a typo!)  Now we have to work from home and it is a much more dire situation.  I would like to get back in touch with them to see if they would reconsider that price and to see if there are any government subsidies available to cover at least some of the cost -- ok, most of the cost!  I cannot find any way to reach anyone at Comcast to discuss this.  Any ideas?  Also, has anyone else been in this predicament?  Have they gotten Comcast to run the cable?  Has anyone done it themselves?  If so, how?  thanks.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Getting internet service

Hi amgjoseph. We appreciate you visiting and posting on our Forums. I can assist with submitting a Serviceability ticket to research if there are any new options for service to be extended to your home address. I understand how important internet is during times like these. Please send me a private message and include your full name, complete home address, and primary contact phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

ComcastJoeTru  How do I send a private message?

Highlighted
Official Employee

@amgjoseph wrote:

ComcastJoeTru  How do I send a private message?

You can click on Joe's name  (in blue in the initial reply to you)  and go to the upper right link that says ”Send Me a Message”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!