Community Forum

Getting charged leasing fee for modem I purchased

New Poster

Getting charged leasing fee for modem I purchased

I was hoping someone could help me stop getting charged for a modem I bought from craigslist a few months ago that I'm now being charged a leasing fee for. From what I've read there's not much I can do since I have no contact information for the person I bought it from, will Comcast at least cut me a break? Can I just buy the modem from comcast so I stop getting charged? Thanks

Expert

Re: Getting charged leasing fee for modem I purchased

Eh, sorry that happened to you. Getting scammed stinks.  If you don't want to pay the rental fee, you'll have to buy another modem (see http://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com) Comcast is not going to be flexible on this and they won't sell you the device. Sorry. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Re: Getting charged leasing fee for modem I purchased

Hi, user38 - The information provided by our expert Nerdburg is correct, you won't be able to purchase this modem from us. My apologies for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!