Community Forum

Getting a cable line buried

New Poster

Getting a cable line buried

After waiting about a month I called Comcast to see why no one has come out to bury the new cable line.

The customer service person saiys it will be scheduled for Sept 3, 2018.

Why in yhe world does it take 4 months to bury a simple cable line.

Is this an example of the new Comcast customer service policy ?

The installer said it would take a week or two to get it buried.

I quit Comcast a couple of years age because of this kind of  stuff.

I cant be the only one having this problem.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Getting a cable line buried

Hi @rkudrycki

Standard time to get a line buried (it's called a drop) is 10 business days. It can take a little longer during the busy season though. Two months from now does seem a bit excessive.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

If two month is not excessive then the cable installer should be telling the customers that and not telling them in a week or two.

Same problem as always with Comcast, one person says one thing and the next person says oh he was wrong he should not have said that this is how that works.

I have been waining a month already and now the customer service person says sometime in September ?

Official Employee

Hi rkudrycki, I can look into this further for you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, and phone number). 

Thank you 

New Poster

I ended up paying the neighbor kid $20 to bury it.
Comcast customer service strikes again.
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for the update and please reach out if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you