Community Forum

Getting Help

New Poster

Getting Help

1 I can not finish the currenr sign in information for the website, I do not have a cell phone that takes SMS messages. I do not even know what that is. I am retired and have very little use for WIFI or its cost. We do have a cheap cell phone but it only does calling.

2 I can not change my password, the page just keeps repeating and never changes it. This happens when I when my email client can not get my mail and it may be a good thing. However nothing tells me there is trouble unless I turn on the TV.

3 Not a website issue but something strange about a provided service. Nomorobo blocks calls from Comcast,. even calls from Comcast online Chat employees.

Official Employee

Re: Getting Help

ancient25. 

1. What issue are you having exactly? What website are you having trouble with? Are you trying to create your profile on the My account site? 

2. If you need help changing your password, I can help you with that. I can send you a reset link via email. Just send me a private message with your full name so I can take a look. 

3. I'm not familiar with how Nomorobo blocks calls, but if it is done by phone number then it would block all calls from a specific number and doesn't differentiate if it is coming from a different extension. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

1 I had completed the Comcast.net registration the previous century but the new xfinity site wants a new registration, However the new registration requires me to have a cell phone with SMS. I do not have one. So I am redirected to the account page which I only need once a month. It took me a long time to see the tiny (for 72 year old eyes) my xfinity link. Even that screen now has a popup nagging me to complete the impossible tregistration. I did confirm that without SMS I could not complete the registration during an xfinity chat. I simply can't justify replacing a useable phone with an expensive smart phone we do not need, Usine someonw elses phone for registration is also something I will not do.I am annoyed with this oversight by Comcast and the popup, really annoyed 

Social Security also did this but had to revamp the site to allow people withiout SMS to register with their emails.

Official Employee

Thanks for the feedback @ancient46. We apologize for the experience you're having. We don't expect you to upgrade your phone in order to get past this page. By chance do you see a "Remind me Later", "Not now" or "Skip" option on this page? 

As for the issue with resetting your password, can you please follow the advice of Ken and send us your first name and phone number in a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

I tried to send a private message but got thiw mwssage

Official Employee

Were you signed in? Can you please try now?