Community Forum

Getting 2 months bill after requesting to cancel the service

New Poster

Getting 2 months bill after requesting to cancel the service

In last Dec 2017, I called in to cancel the service because I was moving and Comcast was not providing service at my new address. 

In March 2018,  I got called to return modem (I was using my own equipment). I explained that person that I was not using Comcast equipment he said he will make a note of it in the system. I checked Comcast account and saw I was charged for Jan 2018 and Feb 2018. 

I called Comcast and they said they never received a request to cancel the service and I had to pay for Jan and Feb 2018. In March I spoke to someone and she said he is able to see that there is no usage on my account and they will send me a refund for Jan and Feb. (I have that conversation on record).  Then I never hear anything from them after that 

I called them again and they said they don't have any notes on the record and I am still liable to pay $240. 

I feel I am forced to pay and I keep on getting calls from collection agents. HELP!!!!!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Getting 2 months bill after requesting to cancel the service

Hi @kapilparmar

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues.

A request has been made for Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello kapilparmar. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. I can assist with reviewing your account and the notations regarding your request to cancel services. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Got email from comcast saying I still have to pay even tho I have not used service since Jan 2018. Someone from their end did not put a request in dec 2017 to cancel the service. 

This is so wrong I have to pay for Jan to April 2018 even tho I have not used service. 

New Poster

Getting 4 months bill after requesting to cancel the service

Comcast investigation was done in 10 mins about my previous post and I was told that I had requested service cancellation on 04/30/2018. Now they want money for Jan-April 2018 (4 months money for not using service). 

They do not have any proof that I have been using service for those months

Tags (1)