Community Forum

Gateway/modem return

Highlighted
New Poster

Gateway/modem return

I need to return a gateway modem that was installed with new service on 5/5/2020. Told that I had 30 days to return it. I went to the local Comcast Store (zip 95060) and was told that because of Covid precautions I could put the returned equipment on a cart but they could not give me a receipt even though one would be printed out. That did not make sense since there were people  in the store and leaving the store with equipment they had picked up. I asked if they could send an email acknowledging the return why I waited in my car and they said no.  This process just does not make sense. They can hand customers a package but not a receipt?

Yes I know I can use UPS but I still will not have definite acknowledgement that I have returned the correct item.

Enough stories about "lost equiptment" on the Internet to make me want a receipt.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Gateway/modem return

@htn75 wrote:

I need to return a gateway modem that was installed with new service on 5/5/2020. Told that I had 30 days to return it. I went to the local Comcast Store (zip 95060) and was told that because of Covid precautions I could put the returned equipment on a cart but they could not give me a receipt even though one would be printed out. That did not make sense since there were people  in the store and leaving the store with equipment they had picked up. I asked if they could send an email acknowledging the return why I waited in my car and they said no.  This process just does not make sense. They can hand customers a package but not a receipt?

Yes I know I can use UPS but I still will not have definite acknowledgement that I have returned the correct item.

Enough stories about "lost equiptment" on the Internet to make me want a receipt.

UPS is supposed to give you a receipt.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!